Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Archery
Wellington Archery practice - Saturday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Phil Berghan-Whyman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote

If you log into the forum and look at the first post on the thread there is a map attached.

http://www.gatheringdarkness.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=866

Cheers

gt1cm2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:45 pm      Reply with quote

It is out at Grenada North, unfortnately I can't remember the name of the parks but I'm sure Nigel will post the details later. Otherwise send me an email at gt1cm2@ihug.co.nz and I can forward the map onto you.
did the band play the last post and chorus
did the pipes play the flowers of the forest
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:56 am      Reply with quote

Hello hello.

Firstly if you're reading this in your email then no you probably won't be seeing a picture. If you're viewing it on the web you should be able to see pictures unless you've done something nasty to your web browser. Keep in mind that there are now two pages in this thread. This post is on page two and the original one with the picture is on page one. Phils link to the first post should work, otherwise click here to see the map directly:

http://www.gatheringdarkness.co.nz/forum/files/how_to_get_there_830.jpg

Anyway, yes it starts at 2pm. If you're there around that time you can meet us in the car-park.

To get there: Take the Grenada North exit from SH1 near Tawa. Turn right onto Jamaica Drive then carry on up until you pass a few sports fields on your left. Turn into Nassau Ave (3rd street on the left) and then turn left again almost immediately into the carpark of Grenada North Park. Here you should see other people hanging about waiting for people to turn up. Otherwise, grab your gear and proceed on foot along the paved footpath leading around the base of the bank beside the fields. Follow this past two or three other fields until you reach the very end. You will know you're in the right place because there will be a sign on the footpath and people on the field shooting at stuff.

You don't need medieval costume to take part, but if you've got it feel free to wear it. Bring water to drink, perhaps something to sit on if you don't like grass and whatever gear you have. If you don't have gear we may have spare equipment we can loan you.

This is purely a fun afternoon, there isn't any formal competition or any stress, so come and just have fun.

I hope that helps.

Nigel
shoelessgirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:55 pm      Reply with quote

Is this happening every Saturday now?
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote

shoelessgirl wrote:
Is this happening every Saturday now?

Nope, just whenever someone can be bothered organising it. If people want to go every saturday then that's excellent and they're welcome to. However, I can't make it every saturday so someone else would need to collect the sign, targets, gate key, etc and run it. Which I'm more than happy for them to do.

So at this stage it's a little random. Also we're going to be overseas from late May to mid July so I'm hoping that someone else will run it while I'm away.... any takers?

Nigel
gt1cm2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:45 am      Reply with quote

We can if you want Nigel, seeing's we can't park the car in the garage we have the room to store all that stuff....
did the band play the last post and chorus
did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:06 am     training-a-rific Reply with quote

I'm keen to practice when ever I can Medieval , I have been practising atleast once a day at home.
However I am not sure when i can actually start coming as I am currently too broke to buy arrows or get transport anywhere! Sad
give me a couple months Very Happy
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote

Ladies and gentlemen. The next session at Grenada North will be on Saturday, 10th May 2008 from 2pm.

Once again see the beginning of the thread for a map of how to get there.

hopefully this session will be the start of a regular schedule. We will try and run an archery session every two weeks from 10th May onwards.

If you'd like to see anything in particular at these sessions please post your ideas here and we'll see what we can do.

Special thanks to Boyd who donated his excellent archery targets to one of our regulars who's been bring them along.

Nigel
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote

For the the next archery session (10th May 2008), we're going to put some effort into combat archery (in addition to target archery). So if you've got archery mesh or can get hold of a fencing mask then come along and have some fun.

Nigel
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:05 pm      Reply with quote

Todays archery session is canceled due to bad weather. Watch this space for the next one, which should be in about two weeks time.

Nigel
AndyMc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:31 pm     Archery Practice - 14 June Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have been tasked with running archery events whilst Nigel is away. So, I will be at the Grenada North park at 2 pm on 14 June with targets ready to go.

If you would like to loose the odd arrow, or maybe even be a target, it would be great to see you there. Very Happy
Grayson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote

same weekend as the rugby gig, and also a little lady's 1st birthday
So sorry Andy i won't be able to make this one, maybe next time

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:00 pm      Reply with quote

Um...
AndyMc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:17 pm     Archery Practice - Delayed?? Reply with quote

Wow, there is so much on this weekend. Birthdays, trips to AK, committee meetings, that I think maybe next weekend would be better.

Would anyone really object if I moved the archery to Sat 21 Jun?
AndyMc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:09 pm     Re: Archery Practice - Delayed?? Reply with quote

AndyMc wrote:
Wow, there is so much on this weekend. Birthdays, trips to AK, committee meetings, that I think maybe next weekend would be better.

Would anyone really object if I moved the archery to Sat 21 Jun?

Since no-one battered down my mailbox with anguished pleas to keep the archery going tomorrow, I will instead be running a practise on Saturday 21 Jun. Starting at 2 pm.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to top Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: