Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Archery
Wellington Archery practice - Saturday
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:27 am     Wellington Archery practice - Saturday Reply with quote

Ladies and Gentlemen,

On saturday 15th March, from 2:00pm onwards, we will be running an open invitation archery / combat session in Wellington. This is open to anybody and we're hoping to see people from all of the groups in the region.

We have the use of a secluded sports field. So we will have an archery range set up at one end for anyone who wants to practise, compete, or just have a go for the first time (we'll have some spare gear you can borrow). The rest of the field will be available for combat, including combat archery and regular combat. This is not a formal affair, but it is a chance to get together with other people from Wellington and have a fun afternoon. If you have something interesting to shoot at, by all means bring it along.

There is shade from the trees as the afternoon wears on, but I suggest you bring plenty of water and perhaps something to sit on if you don't like grass. The availability of bathroom facilities could be in doubt, so be prepared for this eventuallity.

I've attached a map for how to get there. You need to take the Grenada North/Tawa exit off SH1 near Wellington, head to Grenada North and then follow the map. The car park is approximately 5 minutes walk from the field, so you will have to carry your gear a short distance - it's a smooth asphalt path so no hardship.

Sorry for the late notice, we've only just got the use of the field and we wanted to squeeze in something before Easter. We will be doing this again at semi-random intervals, with smaller archery trainings every two or three weeks.

Please also pass this along to anyone else you know who might be interested but won't be reading this.

See you all there,
Nigel

How To Get There.jpg
 Description:
How to get there
 Filesize:  117.51 KB
 Viewed:  17422 Time(s)

How To Get There.jpg

Last edited by NigelT on Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote

I forgot to mention - this will start at 2pm and run until people have something better to do (perhaps 5pm).

If people want to start earlier, let me know and I'll be there earlier - we've got the site for the whole day.

Cheers,
Nigel
Chevalier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote

Obviously, at least 5 Wellingtonians will be at horse training. I guess we'll train together at Easter?!
shoelessgirl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote

Hi Nigel, are there any costs associated with this?

I'm keen to come - can pick up people from town if they're interested - just PM me Smile
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:00 am      Reply with quote

shoelessgirl wrote:
are there any costs associated with this?

Nope, it's free. The venue is being sponsored by the Wellington City Council and the archery targets we've got are not complicated so there's no real cost involved. If anyone wants to make some knarly targets then we'd love to have them, but otherwise we'll just find some games to play and keep it interesting.

We'd love to have you there, and yes if anyone needs a ride from town I'll PM you. Thanks.
gt1cm2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote

Thanks heaps for Saturday Nigel, much fun! Looking forward to the next one! Very Happy
did the band play the last post and chorus
did the pipes play the flowers of the forest
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:33 am      Reply with quote

Yay! All good. Watch this space - probably be a couple or three weeks after easter.

Nigel
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote

Archery again this weekend - Saturday 12th April if anyone is interested. Spread the word.

Same place and time as the last one (see the map and details earlier in this post).

Nigel
gt1cm2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:38 pm      Reply with quote

Cool, we'll be there, not sure if Grayson will be doing any or not seeing's he is getting a new tattoo so might be a bit sore.
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:41 pm      Reply with quote

Ouch!... oh go on, that'll make shooting at him even more fun Twisted Evil
Grayson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote

nigel just remember how accurate i was with cindy's bow Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:34 pm      Reply with quote

oh yeah... how many face shoots did you get Nigel with??!! Mr. Green
Artemis_the_hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote

Please help.

We are new to this. My daughter (12) does archery at Mana Archery and is a member of the Company of the Dragon and would like to do medieval archery.

We don't know where you train or at what time.

HELP

Pauline Smile
gt1cm2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote

Hey! We learnt how to shoot at Mana, went to their recent open day for the field archery.

For our archery ref to the map above, and going off that post (original one) it starts at 2 pm.

Artemis_the_hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:31 pm      Reply with quote

We are contacting you though the Gathering darkness chat room and as far as I can see there is no link showing us a map of where you train.

Is there another web site I should be going too.

Pam Laughing
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: