Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Where is your gear?
Proudly on display.
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
In the Shed on a stand or walls.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
On the wall with all my other display weapons.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
In a Chest or out of sight.
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 17

conal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote

What the...

Why anyone would throw away a perfectly good shovel is beyond me.
hopies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote

I had a wall, and a lounge and a front room. But alas, they have become invaded by the suits.

ooohh the armour. Its not even mine, come and get your stuff out of my house!!

Justin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:52 pm      Reply with quote

Justin,

Looks like the magic of the smith is loose in the Chantry.

I've seen it before, you'll be drinking coffee like tar next and start collecting Gargoyles for home defence.

I'll be brushing up on my St Patrick's Lorica with you around.

You could... let a set of those visby gaunlets' "fingers do the walking" up to Easter if you want.

($?)

Sorry chaps... off topic.
Phil Berghan-Whyman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:06 pm      Reply with quote

conal wrote:
What the...

"Because it hurts more you fool" Very Happy

Carl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:06 pm      Reply with quote

Phil Berghan-Whyman wrote:
conal wrote:
What the...

"Because it hurts more you fool" Very Happy

And the award for "Most blatant Quote Drop" goes to......

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:02 am      Reply with quote

There was a story doing the rounds a few years back of an SCA fighter who beat an intruder up one side and down the other with a ratan waster.

Upon being questioned by police as to his use of force he showed them the dozen or so steel swords, axes and other assorted weapons he had passed walking down his hall to confront the suicidal idiot.

At which point the cops said ok i guess you did show restraint in dealing with the situation and charged the would be burgler with being a pillock (after going gooey over the collection that is).

Was attributed to Derek but he denies knowing any facts beyond the story.

As to being stopped by cops while transporting my weapons most either didn't bat an eyelid or didn't want to know, but none of them ever seemed concerned or mentioned anything about laws or regulations. Even when I made a habit of carrying around a live 12" leaf bladed hunting knife as part of my costume.

TTFN
Bigmac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:19 am      Reply with quote

Didn't Stephan get pinched by the local constabulary while walking around queen street in full kit including weapons once?

I know julian (bravery) got jumped on by a couple of those rent-a-cops that patrol the CBD walking to a display in full norman kit, Apparently he looked dodgy.

if only they knew him Rolling Eyes

I used to tease Steve that if someone ever broke into our place late at night they would be able to make off with the computer and the tv while he was trying to decide which weapon to use on the miscreant.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:46 pm      Reply with quote

no box for "Piled in the corner" or "Scattered about the house"...

My weapons are piled in the corner, theres a couple of bags and boxes full of armour and a coat of plates hanging on a coat hook on the back of my door Smile
Carl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote

Ben wrote:
no box for "Piled in the corner" or "Scattered about the house"...

Ahhh The old Floor storage system cant be beaten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:09 pm      Reply with quote

hehehe

"Wheres the axe?"

"On the floor"

Most of my gear is in my room and of course on the floor my sword is never far out of reach in the car at work or beside me as I make mead.
shame I wasnt at home as there was a small riot of 200 wanna be gang members and it took two hours to get sorted by the police.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:50 am      Reply with quote

Andrew (of the North) Lynn had his place (whangarei) burgled and his weapons stolen only to be returned by police months later after a raid on a drug house.

For some reason the stolen property report of 6' two handed sword had stuck in the minds of the cops. go figure.

TTFN
Bigmac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:09 pm      Reply with quote

My armour lives in the airing cupboard in some innocuous looking kit bags, the swords & daggers are hidden in various places where no-one but a fool would look. Wink

And the rest of the stuff is strewn around the place as only the COTL male members can do... Wink Rolling Eyes

IOW there are spears and lances and other stuff left all over the place outside around the sheds and I'm forever picking things up and putting them away. I was very glad we'd had a cleanup when I had my accident though, as the week before there had been several steel quintains and moorsheads where I ended up landing.

I keep my normal martial arts stuff out of sight as well because I have a small arsenal of nasty [& also very sharp!] stuff in my training bag which is also hidden away from public view, I wouldn't want anyone to get off with any of it either, I'm rather fond of some of it.

I did go walking down Queen St once wearing a miniskirt and carrying a set of nunchaku, a bokken and a 6ft bo. People gave me a w-i-d-e berth, I often wonder why...? Twisted Evil Wink Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote

Some of my weapons are on the wall, some are in the wardrobe, some on the floor or in my training bag.

My modern day Milsim weapons are locked out of sight as they should be, the problem with displaying weapons in a rental house is having permission to drill holes in the walls.

One of my favourite scenes in "The Crow" is when the bad guys opens a large vault type door revealing the edged weapon collection inside, thats what I want.

how to display steve's collection of 300 knives is another story

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote

Karl,

Get boxes made up. Or better yet make 'em up yourself.

You can get this really heavy foam that cuts well with a hack saw or jig saw.

Use heavy ply for the case and throw some locks on it.

Bucket of screws and some hinges.

First one will look as bad as my attempt at a sword box did.

But tools are not going to get any cheaper than they are now.

$20 bucks for a chinese jigsaw with a years warranty and $7.50 for a set of german blades, can't go wrong.

I think I just had a DIY rant.

On second thoughts just contact Quentin and see if he can help... the mans got talent.
Carl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote

Thats not a bad idea, one problem though is a lack of space to store stuff, later on down the road i may try some storage boxes, (i am planning a gun locker for the paintball guns) but right now if it wont fit in my room it is low on the priority list.

(and it is "C"arl not "K" BTW Wink )

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: