Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Armouring & Weapon Smithing
Link to raising an Armet

Boyd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:46 pm     Link to raising an Armet Reply with quote

http://www.wolfeargent.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000419

Aldous Huxley in "Texts and Pretexts", 1932
Oskar der Drachen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:52 pm      Reply with quote

The torch he's using is oxy-acetylene am I correct? I wouldn't think her could get that kind of quick heat with a propane or LPG flame.
Bogue
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:49 am     Raised Armet Reply with quote

And Oscar der Drachen did ask;
Quote:
The torch he's using is oxy-acetylene am I correct? I wouldn't think her could get that kind of quick heat with a propane or LPG flame.

By the look of the hoses and the flame it is more likely LPG/Oxy.

Not quite as fierce as Oxy/Acetylene.

Cheers
Bogue
Oskar der Drachen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote

This might be a question that is a little harder to answer. He started with 2mm mild steel plate.

After the stretching, formaing, sanding and polishing, what is the thickness in the plate he ended up with?

Might it be half as thick? Or because the edges were brought in, even as the top was stretched out, is there any way to guage relative resulting thickness of the plate?

The only really effective way I could think of measuring it would be to punch holes in the various sections. Not good for appearance and function though, really.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: