You are here: Forum Index -> Reenactment Combat
Jedi Boot Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2

conal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote

Scott,

2) People hitting too hard on the field because

a) theyre too stupid to control themselves.
b) theyre too psychopathic to care about who theyre hitting.
c) their ego wont let them rein themselves in.

Not sure if that all of these apply to me.

But I'm a sensitive guy, so I'll assume your knee-jerk defence reflex was in some way a reference to me formulated in one of the coffee table bitch sessions that plague all our houses.

Stupid, pychopathic, egomaniac. Hmmm...

Point taken... or is that blade.

If you've a particular concern it might be worth talking to the people involved in the actual incident though.

I do find that sometimes I've been pulled up in the past and haven't been in error.

E.g.

Stood down for scratching a leather breast plate, I kid you not. (NAAMA 1999, Field Battle)

Called in for admonishment for a charge when I wasn't on the side of the battlefield the incident occurred on. (NAAMA 2003, Bush fight)

Stood down from field battle for a blow to the back, when the combatant in question walked back into the weapons of her own line. (NAAMA 2007, Field Battle)

On everyone of these occassions I listened to the Marshall.

I had a bitch about the injustices of the universe on a couple occassions.

But I listened to the marshall.

Because for everytime the Marshall was wrong I was reminded of just how hard it is to keep two eyes on thiry to eighty embroiled combatants.

Thems the rules. Thats the game.

So if you have an issue with the way I fight, talk to me. You'd be surprised how often I dial for the combatant I'm facing.

Rumours kill communication, Communication kills rumours.
Scott

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:45 pm      Reply with quote

I wasn't even thinking about you when I made that list Conal, it's more of a list of general behaviour traits I think let down the hobby. (And now that I am thinking about you specifically, I can't see how you fit any of the Bollocks Crimes anyway, so rest easy Smile )

As for hard hits, I was only thinking of recidivist offenders - we play a rough and tumble game, and the odd knock is to be expected. But there are some people out there who do hit too hard all the time. Those guys are trouble, both for their opponents and the hobby in general.
Carl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote

Scott wrote:

Bollocks in NZ reenactment

You forgot "endlessly whining about insignificant niggles that can be sorted out by a short chat on the field or over a Beer afterwards"

or "constantly pointing out flaws in a rule system you have not played to for X number of years."

and Conal if you were not the man you are you would be Boring and Boring is Bollocks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm      Reply with quote

Carl wrote:
Scott wrote:

Bollocks in NZ reenactment

You forgot "endlessly whining about insignificant niggles that can be sorted out by a short chat on the field or over a Beer afterwards"

or "constantly pointing out flaws in a rule system you have not played to for X number of years."

and Conal if you were not the man you are you would be Boring and Boring is Bollocks

I almost forgot "basing your worthless existence on your shitty hobby" and then you came along to remind me, Carl.
conal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:57 pm      Reply with quote

"Sorted out by a short chat on the field or over a Beer afterwards."

Yeah I guess that is what I should've said.

Appologies for the bore-a-thon.
Gerard Kraay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote

Im over this Forum, Im removing my self.

Last edited by Gerard Kraay on Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
conal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote

::Please read in Steve Erwin mode::

Crikey!

Poised... ready to strike.

Danger, Danger, Danger!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote

Unfortunately I stepped in too late to stop someone from deactivating their account, but the rest of you, please pull your horns in. If you want to shred each other why not meet somewhere in a dark alley and get it over with - don't do it here.

This thread seems to have gone quiet, which is just as well. If it continues, heads will roll.

This has been a friendly reminder from you friendly admin... the one with the really big stick.

Regards,
Admin
BigMac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:23 am      Reply with quote

No excuse, Shocked
but Gerard, Carl and Scott are all from the same club. Should be an interesting next training. Twisted Evil

Back to thread
Having paced through some two handed sword work with lightsabers in mind all I can think is that Jedi and Sith were insane. And proberly mostly cybernetic prosthetics before too long.

As to the vid either they are just doing show fighting or they have no idea of how to use a weapon properly, i.e to kill. Medieval

The interviewer didn't ask about there philosophy or if they incorperated/simulated force powers. And I notice they don't dress the part.
I hate only hearing half a story.

Looks like fun for about 1/2 an hour though.

TTFN
Bigmac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote

BigMac wrote:
No excuse, Shocked
Gerard and Carl are from the same club, but not Scott.

Fixed.
conal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote

... < sound of wind >

... < tumbleweed drifts by >

... < Bandito swats at fly >
adrianf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:21 pm      Reply with quote

so who wants to see a fight between moonie and yoda?

give moonie an opponent he can look in the eye

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote

adrianf wrote:
so who wants to see a fight between moonie and yoda?

give moonie an opponent he can look in the eye

And here was I thinking that yoda was moonie just fity years down the track

TTFN
bigmac

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: