Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Reenactment Combat
Worst Reaction to Re-enactment?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

HanSagan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh and they also mumble something about building where we had built, after clearing all the gorse and scrub and rotary hoeing, sewing lawns.

I visited that hut once, it was brilliant. Damn shame you had to move out.

I have some photos I took there, of the hut and surrounding area if you want me to send them through to your email? Smile

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=hansagan
Nells

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote

[/quote]OH and of course the Narrow Neck beach display (happened just before I joined KD) in which Maori Activists (terrorists? lol) attacked our people with Taiahas protesting a promo for a novel about what if the spanish had reached NZ first.

Just wondering what this novel was, if anyone can remember, might be an interesting read.
Ta
Inigo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:24 pm      Reply with quote

I think it was PARADISE TO COME by Michael Morrissey.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote

HanSagan i would really appreciate those photos, the only ones i have are all roof less shots.
appreciate it
thanks again
Nells

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote

cheers for that will try and hunt it out
PopTart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote

Here's an idea HanSagan, if you're keen that is.

How about posting them in the Gallery on GD? Then everyone could see if they'd like?

Willz
HanSagan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote

Done and Done.

Put them in Random Photos

White Knight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote

Most of the negative comments that I have encountered come from pacifists and when they do come from Christians they are Pacifist PC Christians.

I have put on at least two "displays" at church to do with the armour of god. People really enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:
Pacifist PC Christians.

Theres a term to strike fear into the heart of any reenactor Smile

Carl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote

HanSagan wrote:
Quote:
Pacifist PC Christians.

Theres a term to strike fear into the heart of any reenactor Smile

Pacifist PC Christian Vegans Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked who vote LABOUR

Peter that's a Horror movie if ever I saw one

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote

How about: Pacifist PC Christian Vegans who vote New Zealand First? (I'm sure there's an oxymoron in there somewhere...)

Or else don't vote at all but send out lots of little flyers at election time?
Carl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote

rachnwill wrote:
How about: Pacifist PC Christian Vegans who vote New Zealand First? (I'm sure there's an oxymoron in there somewhere...)

stop picking on the oldies Wink you know if the pensioners of the world ever banded together and threw of thier chains......they would probably put thier hip out again and our sharon would have to look after them untill the got a hip replacement on southern cross. but you know the young ones today dont know they are born really, and the buses are so expensive, nearly cost me five dollars to get to bingo the other day.

Rob take note mate, you in a few years Wink senility is a terrible.....what was i talking about again?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote

Carl, Carl! Whatever you do, don't use a term like "oxyMORON"! You'll get into Trouble. It was Spartacus the Gladiator, by the way, that was being executed in the photo as close examination of the dangling feet proves. "Beowulf"is a great Movie, a Tour de Norse. If Angie Joly can do that to a Mythical Hero of the Vikings then you have to worry ebout poor little Brad Pitt. See it in 3D.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:"oxymoron"

What do you get if you cross some Bull with a ...................?

100s of thousands of people were executed on wooden posts in the Ancient World.The Carthaginians in Spain taught how it was done.

On many display occasions I've had people who profess Christianity come up to us in New Zealand and ask us to Crucify them! They even want us to use Iron Nails. It is quite common too in the Phillipines that Catholics, I guess, do this to themselves. Different pokes for different folks.

Twice I have participated in Crucifixions at Ancient and Medieval reenactment Conferances in Australia in the 1990s and its a lot of fun. It's an excellent opportunity for a rendition of"Always look at the Bright Side of Life". We crucified Paul the Gross.

He loves being Executed in many different ways.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote

What do you mean by a .............?
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: