i have been bested by foes bearing a sheild on their back
i see its uses but its just not my style

as derek said if i put them on my torso to do i become invunarble

Very Happy

thanks 4 the info
stephan
BigMac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote

Are they invunrable? I always thought that if your shield wasn't prepared it didn't count and the only reason to wear one on your back was as an extra safety precaution against shots to the spine and kidneys.

Personally I would be miffed by some one who didn't acknowlegde a hit to a shield worn on the back as it is more polite than wacking him/her in the back of the head or the leg.

Mind you at the last Naama one of the marshals conventions for the weekend was to target the buttocks not the rear torso so wearing a sheild would hinder more than help them.

TTFN
Bigmac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:16 pm      Reply with quote

If you come up against some wearing a shield on their back then simple solution hit him in the buttocks.
Hmmm....I wonder how many people will be standing at the next feast?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:17 pm      Reply with quote

A shield is a deflexion surface as noted many times over thus far, so a shield on the back needs to still be useds as such for it to have much value.

Slowing blows prevents cuts to a shield worn on the back from breaking the balance of your opponent the way it should if the shield is used incorrectly, where a thrust would create a stickier situation.

The weighting I would assume used in the situation creates a springboard for the footwork.
Meaning if used correctly it will generate allot of power for a very nasty counter attack against anyone trying to attack through the shield.

Of course this is only presumed theory based mechanics which require both the attacker and defender to know what their doing.

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: