Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Culture and History
Medieval Dancing

MissMenolly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:35 am     Medieval Dancing Reply with quote

Mistress Katherina Weyssin von Regenspurk from the SCA Barony of Ildhafn runs a weekly medieval dance class on Wednesday nights.

It is run at Studio 3, Inner City Dance Studios, Queen Street, Auckland City. Go into the big McDonald's (between Wellesley and Victoria Street intersections), go in the glass door immediately on your left, and ascend the stairs.

Classes usually start around 7:30pm. The dances taught range in difficulty and are lots of fun.

There is a gold coin donation to cover the studio hire.

This coming Wednesday, 29th August, there is a special practise of all the dances that will be happening at the Frostbane Festival on Saturday. If you would like to learn or practise the dances then please come along.

The dances being covered on the 29th include Mixed Bransles of Champagne (Cassandra, Pinagay, Charlotte, La Guerre,
Aridan) Galliard (to the tune of La Traditore My Fa Morire) La Danse de Cleves Rostiboli Gioioso Gelosia Black Alman Prenes in Gre Chiara Stella Official Bransle Petit Vriens. I'm sure there are supposed to be some commas in there but I'm not sure where... Smile a heap of dances anyway.

All are welcome to come along to this and future Wednesday night dance practises.
MissMenolly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:45 am      Reply with quote

Oops, I tell a lie, it's every second Wednesday... the 29th being a dance night and the next one in a fortnight's time.

Here is the website with the shedule, and contact details.

http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~katherpat/schedule.htm
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: