Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Archery
Auckland Archery

Víkarr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:18 pm     Auckland Archery Reply with quote

Has anyone got any suggestions for archery practice locations in the Auckland area? There are a few interested people from various groups but need a decent firing location. Any ideas feel free to reply here or drop me an email.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote

Would the Auckland Domain be fitting, or are you looking for a place with ready made targets etc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:28 pm      Reply with quote

I believe there is an archery range up on Mt Albert.
They meet on Sunday's, not sure on time or if they are open during the winter, from memory there was was a range fee of about $5-.
Enjoy Smile Jonno
Víkarr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas. After doing some ringing around and getting prices, using Motu Moana for archery has so far turned out to be the cheaper alternative (coming to $1.50 per person for the day's duration). Anyone who participated in the archery at the last encampment there (in the Orchard area) will know the spot. Other suggestions for sites welcome.

If interested email me (victor_akl_nz@yahoo.com) what weekend day suits most and when there is enough interest will sort out some targets and arrange a suitable date that doesnt conflict with other events. If goes well will repeat. I would encourage people to get involved and have a go. If you dont have a bow we have access to resources and knowledge on helping to make them and there are a few bows that people dont mind others using.

There is also the potential to do other stuff there, if someone else wants to organise it (maybe we could have one of those things where we all get together and hit each other, I forget what they'r called).

V.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote

When you organise this will there be any room for training new comers?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote

Yes of course, people new to archery definately welcome.

T.M.M wrote:
When you organise this will there be any room for training new comers?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote

Congrats`to Victor for arranging this. I can do any day except July21st. I am happy to tutor beginners, but as my bows and arrows are being shipped from the UK by sea, I am going to have to ask that someone brings along a spare low poundage bow & blunts. Wood, fibreglass or laminated, anything As long as it`s not one of those
infernal things with pulley wheels....!

Regards,

Stuart.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote

Fantastic to see you guys getting together to shoot stuff. While you're standing around chatting while you're waiting for everyone to turn up (it always happens), have a chat about combat archery - if you'd like to have a go at NAAMA and what you think would and wouldn't work. If anyone's got enough armour and anyones got some SCA combat archery arrows, why not have a play and get some practice.

... my two cents worth Smile
Víkarr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote

We are becoming more organised and structured to do some regular combat archery training so if there are any Auckland re-enactors, groups or independents, interested in participating either as an archer or as willing targets, let your interest be known. At this point there may be a bow or two generously made available for those who dont have these (however you will be expected to get your own). For more details drop me an email at victor_akl_nz@yahoo.com

V.
stephan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote

the five oaks tourney as some know is moveing into haveing a archer prize

it worked very well at the last one

regards stephan
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: