Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Help with this site
got an idear for you

dagfinnr NZ Norsemen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:54 pm     got an idear for you Reply with quote

hello i have an i dear as i see used on a lot of forums around now days its call Cbox
its liek a lil chat box soo you all can talk to each other an say hi to every one an things like that

http://cbox.ws/?box=881116
as you'll see that there is a lil pic there to show you what it is like Smile you can do a fear bit but its up to you admin Smile

thanks
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote

Hi dagfinnr,

I've toyed with the idea of putting in a live chatroom before. The ability to leave messages is pretty much the point of the forum anyway. The problem I see with a chatroom is that there are generally no more than three or four people logged into the site at a time, maximum.

However, there is the possibility that if we build it they will come.

I'll put your suggestion on my list of things to take a look at. There are quite a few other things on the wishlist already, so no gaurantees on when I'll get to it.

The next thing you're likely to see on this site is a really big revamp of the way events are handled, including lots of extra features. After that's out of the way I'll take a look at other features people have requested and decide which ones would be of most benefit.

Thanks for submitting your idea, it's a good one.

Cheers,
Admin
dagfinnr NZ Norsemen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote

all right sweet as Smile
have fun i'll be looking forwud to seeing them Smile

have a good one
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 pm      Reply with quote

Well, it's not cbox, but it is chat.

I looked at what cbox offered, and a few others and decided that a roll-your-own approach was better. This way it integrates seemlessly with the site as it is and provides enough of a chat experience to keep people happy - I'm hoping anyway.

Click 'Chat' at the top of the site once you're logged in.

Nigel
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: