Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Archery
Bowmans practice - Totara Park, Sunday 15th April

NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:51 am     Bowmans practice - Totara Park, Sunday 15th April Reply with quote

Hello archers. As promised we're having a bowmans practice this weekend on Sunday 15th April.

This is open to anyone who wants to come along. If you've been thinking about taking up archery this is also an excellent opportunity to come along and see what's going on and maybe have a play and get tips from some of the others.

If you have targets or hay bails you'd like to bring that would be awesome.

WHEN: Meet at 10:00am on Cannon Point Road, Totara Park, Upper Hutt on Sunday.

WHERE: Get onto State Highway 2 and head north from Wellington or south from the Wairarapa. When you get to Upper Hutt, look for a set of traffic lights with a turn off to Totara Park over a bridge (you won't miss it). Follow Totara Park Road then turn left at Hartford Cres then left onto Cannon Point Road. Cannon Point Road is very short - we're meeting at the end just in front of the farm gates.

There is a map attached.

From the meeting place we'll travel in convoy onto private property to the range. If you're going to be late please give Quentin a call on 027 667 5763.

Access is via private property, so we need to make sure people are coming and going too much. Also there are no facilities on site, if you need a bathroom you'll need to head back into Upper Hutt, sorry.

This site has many advantages however - it's private so we don't need to worry about the public and it's free. If you have allergies to grass I suggest you take medication before coming.

See you all at the meeting place at 10am on Sunday.

Nigel

PS: If you know of anyone who shoots or wants to who may not have read this please invite them along.

Totara Park Map.jpg
 Description:
Map to Cannon Point Road meeting place, Totara Park, Upper Hutt
 Filesize:  46.26 KB
 Viewed:  8385 Time(s)

Totara Park Map.jpg

Jesster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:27 pm      Reply with quote

Hi Nigel,

What time does the archery go until?

There are a few of us who are interested in possibly coming along but the Guild practise goes from 10am until 12pm on sundays.

Jess
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote

Hi Jess. Sorry it conflicts with most people doing their own club things. It just seems that Sunday is most peoples prefered day to do things.

We meet at 10am (because it's a civilised time of day to be shooting at stuff) and go until everyones sick of it. Probably two or three hours... or more if you're keen. There is no real time limit I don't think.

It's also only once a month, so it won't be taking you away from training too often if you do come.

Nigel
Wellybex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote

Hey,

Any chance someone could give me a ride out? I have been considering finding something a little more productive to do than mooching round hungover at camp....

I live in the hutt so its on the way... Quentin? Very Happy

Bex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote

Wellybex wrote:
I have been considering finding something a little more productive to do than mooching round hungover at camp....

... not ... saying ... anything.

Nigel, sorry Dave and I won't be able to make it - we'd love to, but it's just a bit too far! I'm hoping to finalise dates for the next Bowmen's Gathering this week, so I'll post details here when I have them!
gt1cm2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote

We won't be there but if you want a bale of hay let me know and we can drop one off on the way to the horses if you need.

Cindy

did the band play the last post and chorus
did the pipes play the flowers of the forest
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote

Grayson - someone is bound to want a bail of hay to use... but I can't take it out... Quentin again?

Sarah - no worries. I'm looking forward to the next Bowmans Gathering. Yes post dates when you get them. Ta.

Wellybex - Quentin is probably a good one to try, but anyone going out there from town might be able to pick you up. Unfortunately (and he says this as quietly as possible, given he's organising it) I won't be going on Sunday - will be in Taupo, but I think Kathryn will be going, you could give her a call and see.

Nigel
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: