Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Events
Battle for Auckland League Competition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Would you or your club enter a team into a battlefield league competition?
Yes
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Ange

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:15 pm     Battle for Auckland League Competition Reply with quote

Just putting out some feelers - AS&SS has discussed the idea of hosting a league this coming summer. Would clubs (or individuals) be interested in this sort of event?

It'd likely be teams of fixed numbers, battling once a month with some sort of glory at the end. All would be welcome at 'pre-match' warm-up battles (and any post-match fun) and the day could conceivably be ended with 'light refreshments' and 'snacks'.

Location would vary each battleday, as could the battle conditions - for example last team standing one time, capture the flag the next.

Details are yet to be finalised and depend on interest.
Norina

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:16 pm      Reply with quote

This is great!
Tell us where and when and what the games/rules are.
I would prefer Saturday afternoons if that is an option.
You don't have to wait til summer, cool winter days are better for high energy battles.
See you then.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:19 pm      Reply with quote

i am in complete agreement and i will get the ball rolling by challenging auckland sword & shield to a test match
at the meola road scout hall.could we set up a date maybe next month?
i will bring a team and we will fight auckland sword & shield

Thanks
Stephan
Ange

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:01 pm      Reply with quote

stephan wrote:
i am in complete agreement and i will get the ball rolling by challenging auckland sword & shield to a test match
at the meola road scout hall.could we set up a date maybe next month?
i will bring a team and we will fight auckland sword & shield

Thanks
Stephan

Thanks for your enthusiasm, but I think you missed the point :p It will be a proper league with real rules and things.

However feel free to challenge the club if you wish. We train Sundays 10 to 1, it'll be great training with others.
stephan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:09 am      Reply with quote

i didnt miss the point thats why is called a test match so you can test it
Norina

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:22 pm      Reply with quote

[quote="Ange"]real rules and things.quote]

Ah, bureaucracy... whatever happened to good ol' simple battle days.
Wink

Ok I will confirm with our group what Sunday is good for us and we'll see you then!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:43 pm      Reply with quote

yes thanks nora but i can handel it
Ben

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:00 pm      Reply with quote

stephan wrote:

yes thanks nora but i can handel it

Pull your head in dude
Victorius

Location: IMPERIVM ROMANA: The Roman club with a Living History focus.New Roman Club

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:23 am      Reply with quote

We all know Stephen means well. Good on him for putting his hand up to help out, or get the ball rolling for the things he does.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:24 pm      Reply with quote

So the competition is pretty much set up and ready to go, looking at first round in September.

Rules are standard NAAMA headblow rules, EXCEPT that strikes will be reasonable force. As such, minimum armour requirements are a padded gambeson covering chest and back. A full set of rules will soon be available at Dragon's Cry.

Teams are of 4 to 6 people, 4 must be registered to the team. The other two can be picked up on the day if needed. If only 4 (or 5) of your team take the field, then the opposing team will match. Every person taking the field must sign a waiver. This will be done on the day of the competition. You can register your team by sending a private message to this user or by emailing info@swordandshield.org.nz make sure you give your team name, names of your four core members, who the team captain is and contact details for at least one team member.

Each round will have a $30 fee payable by the team. Funds go toward the end-of-day bbq, end-of-season prizes and any further profits from this season will go towards NAAMA 2013. Payments can be made in cash, by cheque or by direct credit - PM for details.

A FB page has been set up, follow us at www.facebook.com/swordandshieldb4a. And keep a watch out for more info!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:00 pm      Reply with quote

The full rule set is finally available below! Get your teams registered and ready for the first round, to be in late September. Full list of dates to be released soon!

http://www.swordandshield.org.nz/b4a.html

remember even if you're not competing you can come and cheer on your favourites, and each round will begin with NAAMA-rules mass battle, open to all comers!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:23 pm      Reply with quote

The first dates have been set! Check them out at www.facebook.com/swordandshieldb4a

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:01 pm      Reply with quote

There's still time to register your team! The first round will be at 1pm on Sat 29th Sept, at the Domain!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:49 pm      Reply with quote

Come play wont bite promise Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:50 pm      Reply with quote

Was keen but pompous condesention attitude has put me off magnus
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: