Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Equestrian
Taupo 2011 Equestrian

Callum
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:01 pm     Taupo 2011 Equestrian Reply with quote

The Order of the Boar will be running the Taupo Knight's Challenge tournament again - many thanks to Nic for inviting us to do this again.

The format will be the same "Knight's Tournament" as this years (2010) but with only one joust pool per day due to a smaller number of jousters that this year's event can cater for. There will also be a cultural aspect added to the event - this year will also include a dance component to be judged on the Friday night in addition to the longsword, mounted melee, mounted skill-at-arms and jousting that competitors are required to take part in if they want to contest for the overal Taupo Knight's Challenge trophy.

We will also be running the mounted skill-at-arms and crest melees (on Saturday and Sunday respectively) which people with the appropiate level of skill can also enter if they can provide their own (trained and sane) horses.

However, due to the limited grazing available, we can only cater for a limited number of horses. This year (2010) for example some people brought additional horses "for the experience" which otherwise took no part in the overall Taupo Medieval Festival and which put a lot of pressure on the space and grazing for the horses which were actively taking part.

This year (2011) Nic has asked me to take overall charge of all equestrian activity at Taupo so if you are thinking of bringing a horse to the event you need to contact me as soon as possible. Because of the grazing limitations, preference will also be given to horses being used in the full Taupo Knight's Challenge as well as the Chevaliers de Argent display team. The next level of preference is for horses whose riders are taking part in one or more of the equestrian competitions or displays.

I have completed the rules and application for the Taupo Knight's Challenge and events so if you want a copy please contact me.

Also, if people want a work on jousting or any other aspect of cavalry re-enactment please let me know as I would be happy to facilitate one on the Friday, although it will be more ground-based in order to give the horses a break before the weekend competitions.

Order of the Boar Historical Foot Combat -
www.hapkido.org.nz/upperhutt.html
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: