61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Nothing Works for me, Flag it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Freebooter
Principal Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:07 am     Eketahuna WorkShop Dates Reply with quote

Hi folks,

November is turning into a very busy month for me, and while I know that I have shifted this date to accomodate the needs of others, I am considering either shifting it back or cancelling the event, as I am now booked for every weekend in November, except the original date, and all December except Christmas/NewYears.

Hence the Poll. Please don't vote unless you are actually considering attending.

Thanks,

Nic
Pinky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote

I can do the whole of the current weekend, however if the weekend changes back to the original one I will still come along for the friday/saturday.

Would be a shame to see it flagged but I also understand that this is a busy end to the year for so many people. Hope you don't get too burnt out Nick!

Pinky
Robin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote

Either or really.

Weather wasn't too flash last year on the day we where able to attend so heres hoping it'll pan out better this time.

On that note.... which hordlings are keen to go?

The '08 eke workshop was one of the best camps/events ive ever been to.

Let's get a vehicle together.
Chantelle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote

i wil be there, this would be my first year coming down, and so i was looking forward to it, -so which ever regardless xx would be a shame to see it flagged - but as pinky said - we would understand x so don't stress

xx
Hobdid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:57 am      Reply with quote

Quote Robin: "Either or really. Weather wasn't too flash last year on the day we where able to attend so heres hoping it'll pan out better this time.

On that note.... which hordlings are keen to go?

The '08 eke workshop was one of the best camps/events ive ever been to.

Let's get a vehicle together."

I am an interested Hordling, 2 youngsters keen, (and with van Smile
wuzzle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:17 pm     1st weekend December Reply with quote

Already planned and gas saved for 1st weekend in December
as per last (incl new gumboots)

1st weekend also allows 3 weeks between NAAMA and Tatum working bee then 3 weeks until Eke

and Importently gives the rain time to properly organise itself Smile

BUT will be there whatever date

Wuzz

Ben_sutton

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:11 pm      Reply with quote

Whenever works for you Nic. I'll organise things around it.
Freebooter
Principal Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys, waiting to hear from Dee about all this.

Smile

N
Callum
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote

Hi Nic,

I was one of the people you shifted the November date for and I appreciate that.

However, I am now busy too with the first Saturday of December now out with a display. We were planning to come up to Eke immediately after the display so we could be there Saturday night and Sunday.

It's a crazy time of the year as it is.

So go with whatever suits you and Dee best.

Order of the Boar Historical Foot Combat -
www.hapkido.org.nz/upperhutt.html
paegynwaye

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:51 pm      Reply with quote

Heya everybody, For us Eke crew, the last week of November is the better suited date,as the first weekend of December has always been Mauriceville fair weekend, and Conal has a gig planned for that weekend also,on the Saturday at Linton Army Camp... The weather gods should shine apon us thys year, and at present the campground is looking lovely. Thanks for the comment Robin, I must admit it has been one of the "fun-est" camps for me too,the relay was awesome..... and people too.... We'll styll be over for the Tatum weekend Wuzzle..... We wont cancel the weekend either way, yet I believe Nic,that it wouldnt be the same wythout you,as its great to have you share wyth us your thoughts pre-taupo for training....So,on that note.......
JEDI95

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:57 pm      Reply with quote

Hi all ,, We have already booked time off work for the Dec date, and cant change this close.. As this year we wont be having rain ( lol ) Irina and i are very keen to go and its all ways good to catch up and say hi ( again )
Freebooter
Principal Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:43 pm     Gleeb. Reply with quote

Quote:
Cat-herder wanted...

Please apply within.

Smile

This ain't fun for those of us who have inflexible time off, because after Denyse's input, I have elected to shuffle the event back to the previous date.

I'm sorry Glen and others who can't make that weekend, but there is just too much on at the tail end of the year.

I will be in Waiouru on the Friday (26th) and will be travelling down from there on the Saturday morning, as early as I am able.

Now, as for content, let's brainstorm that one, because I'm a bit flat out, so any input from me will be totally ad-hoc unless someone directs my thinking somewhere.

Ideas??

Nic
Ben_sutton

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:20 am      Reply with quote

As I'm sure you may have guessed, I'd be up for some Rapier, being that the pensioners will have their first meet at Taupo.

Aside from that maybe we could look at something in the way of one or two set piece type things to play up to the crowd for Taupo. I'm not sure what it would involve though. Just a thought.
wuzzle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:15 pm     Any and all... Reply with quote

I will be there for the constant learning curve of living history Gear up
as we use the beautiful surrounds to road test the next authentisity step .

Watching and occasionally joining combat/archery and being with
a proactive and productive bunch of fellows will add some more Icing on an already impressive and loved Cake.

Dam me but a weekend of art (and scary cafes) can bing out the elloquence Smile

Wuzzle

Robbo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:15 pm      Reply with quote

Ummm...with a crapped out car, and mid-move I'd love to be there but have no transport for me and my gear...if anyone's willing to pick up a lone me (plus some gear) I'd happily attend!
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: