Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Metal, Wood, Bone, Glass
Camp Furniture

Archer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:55 pm     Camp Furniture Reply with quote

I am just starting some Camp Furniture projects using wood and leather, and was wondering if anyone knows where I can obtain a design for a fold-able three legged stool with a leather seat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote

When we were at Urenui, Nigel and Kathryn had two really awesome stools that looked relatively simple to make. It was a piece of wood for the top (you could make it a leather topped seat if you chose to) and three legs that could be pulled out for easy storage/packing for camps. I suggest you ask them how they were made for more detail.
Bogue
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:27 am      Reply with quote

Try here for furniture plans

http://www.currentmiddleages.org/tents/furniture.htm

lots of plans and ideas.

there was a stool similar to what Megapom wanted that was popular in the 70's. Sort of a leather triangle with pockets in the corners to hold the legs.

The hardest part was getting the legs tied so they spread out and stayed together. I've seen a couple of sites that show scouts how to tie them together, buggered if I can find it now.

cheers
Bogue
Bogue
Archer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:54 pm      Reply with quote

Cheers Bogue

Yes I know I have seen it somewhere but I have no Idea where, let me know if you come across it.

Cheers

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: