Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Armouring & Weapon Smithing
Seeking advice on helms.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

tank

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:22 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:
I find ball peins very useful

yes in deed they are but they have limmitations or rather it easyer to do the job with the proper hammer (if you have it lol)

clubs are good fro the 2mm i agree

cheers
tank

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:15 pm     Attaching an aventail to a phrygian helm Reply with quote

Does anyone have any tips on attaching an aventail to a helm? I'm putting it on a phrygian, so any tips or guides?

I'm looking online and seeing what others have done. At this stage I'm thinking a drill, some bolts . . . .

(The authenticity police need not reply)

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:23 pm      Reply with quote

Attach your avontail to leather thonging, then thread that thonging to links in the holes of the base of the helm.

If the helm doesn't have holes at the base yet, drill some.

easiest way I've ever seen done

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:17 am      Reply with quote

Thanks Robbo. The aventail has a leather thong on it, which according to the instructions I have found I attach said aventail to the helm through.

Will have to drill holes though. I'm sure mitre 10 mega has semi-authentic looking 12th century bolts. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote

here's a great site on raising a Norman helmet.

[http://www.anvilfire.com/21centbs/armor/NormanHelmet/top_index.htm]

Enjoy!
Gaius Drustanus
This account is inactive

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote

A wonderful masterpiece of the Helmet makers Art is currently to be seen at the "One Day in Pompeii" exhibition which I was privileged to visit at Te Papa last Saturday in Wellington for my daughters Wedding. Hand beaten with embossed scenes in bronze of Roman Triumph over the Gauls, the Gladiator helmet displayed is a breathtaking artifact of Ancient technical armouring skill.

Well worth checking out for Armourers if you are suffering Capital punishment up until April 25th. Other armour and a shield (buckler) as well. Beautiful breathtaking armourers art. Also some macabre gloating to be had for the Moron, Roberto and the Cretin too.

Romanophobes and Sadists will rejoice rubbing their hands together in glee looking at the grotesque plaster body casts of the Volcanic Eruption victims writhing in their final death throws as their agonisingly horrible fate is suffered within the blast of the superheated pyroclastic flow.

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: