Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Encampment and Displays
how to finish a norse a frame tent

Frosty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:30 pm     how to finish a norse a frame tent Reply with quote

hey guys. im just not to sure on ow you fix the doors to the tent i can understand the single piece of material forming the A but just cant grasp how the fabric attaches to the wooden frame at the door.

anyone with a tent, pictures of this join would be helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote

I didn't think it did? I thought the doors were only connected at the end of the sides and the sides only touched the frame at the rafter pole and the two floor poles. But it has been a year or so since I helped set one up...

Aldous Huxley in "Texts and Pretexts", 1932
Frosty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote

now im really confused!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote

Me to!

Piccies on the internet show the door flaps just hung over the angled support poles.

http://www.hurstwic.org/activities/albums/recent/pix/h06_f01_viking_tent.jpg

Wellybex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote

I agree with Boyd, the doors are attached to the fabric of the tent, not to the actual frame. My a-frame has the doors under the frame as opposed to over the frame (as in the picture in the link) but the general construction looks the same.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote

So you can have your flaps ontop or underneath your pole then.

Wellybex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote

Laughing ahem. I mean yes, yes you can.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:21 pm      Reply with quote

ahhh i see. i always wondered about that bit. thanx for clearing that up for me.
makes sense now thanks boyd.

Frosty

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: