Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Archery
Wellington Archery starting up again - 26th September 2009
Goto page 1, 2  Next

NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:12 pm     Wellington Archery starting up again - 26th September 2009 Reply with quote

Ladies and gentlemen,

The archery season in Wellington will recommence on Saturday September 26th at Grenada North Sport Park. As with last season it will be run every alternate Saturday. One small change is that we have moved to a 10am - 12pm slot rather than an afternoon slot. I hope this is more convenient for people.

More details, calendar, map, etc can be found here:

http://www.gatheringdarkness.co.nz/forum/misc/WellingtonArchery.html

We look forward to seeing everyone there.

Many thanks to MLHNZ for supporting us this season.

Cheers,
Nigel Thomas, Andy Mack, and Kerry McSaveney.

PS: Any future posts, cancelations, ammendments, etc, will be posted to the Events section of GD.
AndyMc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:49 pm     Next archery day is 10 October. Reply with quote

The Wellington Boyers Gathering first event of summer was well attended with 6 archers turning up. Due to all the rain during the week it was quite boggy underfoot so gumboots will need to be in vogue for the next few events Smile

Angel ran the SCA inter-region archery tournament for us which was lots of fun. The event is 3 rounds of 6 arrows in your own time and 2 30 second speed rounds at 20, 30 and 40 yards. A total of 90 arrows loosed.

Thanks for turning up and I hope to see more of you all on 10 Oct.
AndyMc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:50 pm     10 Oct Wellington Archery is water logged Reply with quote

The Wellington Archery scheduled for Sat, 10 Oct is postponed to Sat 17 Oct due to the rain and the fact that the archery field is under water.

Now, I know I could open a can of Harden The F**k Up (tm), but if I wanted to do archery under water, I would take up spear fishing Smile

The archery will instead take place on 17 Oct at 10 am.

See you then, hopefully without the need for water wings (seriously. Spring. WTF?)
gt1cm2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:50 am     Re: 10 Oct Wellington Archery is water logged Reply with quote

AndyMc wrote:
hopefully without the need for water wings (seriously. Spring. WTF?)

Spring is the season of unpredictable weather and usually more wind than winter....

did the band play the last post and chorus
did the pipes play the flowers of the forest
AndyMc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:12 am     Archery for 17 Oct has been called off. Reply with quote

Morning all,

Although it's not raining right now, there is a high chance of it starting in the next hour. Given also that the ground is saturated and there is no cover at the field, I've called archery off for today.

We will be doing lots of archery at Mike and Laras place over labour weekend and the next scheduled Archery event in Wellington is on 7 Nov.

I hope to see you there and I will try to organise a lot more archery once the weather settles down.
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:04 pm      Reply with quote

CANCELATION NOTICE

My appologies everyone - Wellington archery for Saturday 7th November will be canceled - all three organisers have other pressing commitments on Saturday. We may try for the following weekend. Watch this space.

Cheers,
Nigel
Drakki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:06 pm     Wellington Archery starting up again - 26th September 2009 Reply with quote

When will the next session be in Wellington? I am quite interested in joining,

thanks
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:00 am      Reply with quote

Hi,

There will likely be archery tomorrow morning. The weather forecast isn't terrific, but at this stage my guess is that it'll be on. If there's a change we'll post something here by 9am Saturday, otherwise expect it to be on.

See you all there Very Happy

Nigel
AndyMc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:56 am     Cancellation - 21 Nov 09 Reply with quote

Well it looks like the weather gods are still pursuing their campaign of surpressing Welington Archery. They must think we are so good at it, they want to level the playing field for the rest of the country. Wink

Seriously though. It is still raining and blowing hard here so Archery is cancelled for today.
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:12 pm      Reply with quote

If anyone is keen for archery this weekend, we'll all be out at Brookfields Scout Camp in Moores Valley Road in Wainuiomata. Come on out on Saturday morning if you're keen.

Cheers,
Nigel
Drakki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote

NigelT wrote:
If anyone is keen for archery this weekend, we'll all be out at Brookfields Scout Camp in Moores Valley Road in Wainuiomata. Come on out on Saturday morning if you're keen.

Cheers,
Nigel

Hi,

When and where is the next meeting? I am interested in getting involved, used to do Archery many moons ago and no longer have any kit...

thanks
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:00 pm      Reply with quote

Hi Drakki,

The next meeting is supposed to be tomorrow, but it will depend on the weather I think.

More details on the schedule, cost and location can be found here: http://www.gatheringdarkness.co.nz/archery

Contrary to what the webpage says, we will probably keep going into march and beyond, as long as the weather holds.

Also any cancelations will be posted here too, so if the weather is looking dubious, check here an hour or two before leaving.

It will be good to have you along Smile

Cheers,
Nigel
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:50 am      Reply with quote

I know it's too late notice for most people, but archery practice is on today in Wellington from 10am (ie, in 10 minutes time) until 12. So if you're sitting at your PC bored and reading this, jump in the car and head over to do some shooting with us in the sun.

Hope to see a few people there this week.

Cheers,
Nigel
Drakki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:11 pm     Saturday Archery Reply with quote

Excuse my ignorance but I am trying to make it along to an archery session, eventually. Is there one this Sat, the 27th?

thanks
AndyMc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:10 am      Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, there will be archery this Sat (27 Feb). I'll be at the carpark in Grenada North just before 10 am.

See you there.
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: