Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Armouring & Weapon Smithing
Sword Sharpener Required

Lezle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:50 pm     Sword Sharpener Required Reply with quote

Gidday,

Anyone know someone who sharpens swords well in Auckland? I've been all through the Yellow Pages with no luck - everyone said "no."

Thanks.

Lezle
Thaner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:55 pm      Reply with quote

talk to someone at the house of knives up there IMO, unless there is someone within the community up there that can do it of course.

But they would definatley know many people who would possibly be up for the job

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote

there was or is a dude named peter parker [no its not spiderman!] he makes Fairbairn and Sykes commando fighting knives

http://www.nzknives.co.nz/home.htm

Now I'm not sure if he does the sharpening himself or has a renown sharpener that does it for him, may help to flick him an email...
he is based in Howick I believe..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote

There is a guy with a shop on great nth rd btween waikumete and glen dean shops Bladeworks was the name I think, there is a sign, west side of road

Cost me $10 to get my backsword done remember to say your in the sport so he knows your not a nutter.

TTFN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:54 pm      Reply with quote

Great. Thanks very much. I'll give 'em a go.

Peter Parker! Haha! I rang up some place the other day and was speaking to Michael Jackson. He didn't find it as funny as I did. Laughing

Lezle
Mad Jim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote

haha on the Micheal jackson topic i used to work with Micheal jackson, nick named 'bubbles' incedently he actually looks like the Micheal jackson character on a simpsons episode when homer was put in side a mental home..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:38 pm      Reply with quote

Right.

I rang Peter "Parkinson," not Parker, Laughing and he said he has never sharpened blades. He was most concern'd to hear that I was told of his suppos'd skills on a forum for some reason. If you have a website...Ummm... Rolling Eyes

Anyway, he put me in touch with a bloke who does sharpen things; he didn't seem that interested. Rolling Eyes

So... the point of all this is basically, don't bother ringing Parkinson up for a sharpening job. Very Happy

Thanks anyway, Mad Jim.

Lezle
Mad Jim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote

hahaha Parkinson! thats it ahah, yea oh well was worth a try...strange about him wondering where you got info for him from, as hes had a web site up for a couple o years now...still makes some really nice FS knives and in 2nd pattern to!.. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:53 pm      Reply with quote

Lance Paradis.

Works out of the market in Matakana on Saturdays.

He sharpened both the blades we used for live demos at Taupo this year.

Did an excellent job and respected the existing temper of the blade. Can't recommend him enough.

Nic
Lezle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote

Bladeworx.

This bloke is good. Sharpen'd my sabre for me on a Saturday even though his opening days are Monday to Friday. $10.

Thanks BigMac. Very Happy

Lezle
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: