Search

Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Historical Combat
executing a Schielhau in German Longsword??????

Mad Jim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:07 pm     executing a Schielhau in German Longsword?????? Reply with quote

right from many clips/pages/pictures/stuff etc I have gone through, I still have a real foggy veiw of the Schielhau. From what I gather its an Oberhau with the long edge that twists up into the short edge before blade contact and drops down on the other side of the targets sword thus hitting their sholder?. I haven't found anything on the net that really clarifies this, in the way of pictures or clips, Christain Toblers book 'fighting with the German longsword' has a pic of him in right Vom Tag and then in a vertical blade left Ochs (if you get my meaning) and I just cant really figure a comfortable way to get from a to b! so yea any help or info or clips that may help me out? cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote

PM me or join www.swordsmanship.co.nz/forums

See http://www.swordsmanship.co.nz/
Mad Jim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:08 am      Reply with quote

www.ericwargo.com/sword/bouts/shielhau_small.mov

Haha turns out I have been able to do this move all along, and now after seeing this clip it has clarifed it for me hoorayy...but yes I'll join the forum, more info the better I say!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: