Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Reenactment Combat
mouth guards for head blow combat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Robbo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:13 pm      Reply with quote

Gaius Drustanus wrote:
yeah .......... Einstein did!

Eisnein developed the theory of relativity. It was never proven. IN fact several researchers in different countries have actually DISPROVEN it within the past 10 years.

.02c

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote

Robbo wrote:
Gaius Drustanus wrote:
yeah .......... Einstein did!

Eisnein developed the theory of relativity. It was never proven. IN fact several researchers in different countries have actually DISPROVEN it within the past 10 years.

.02c

BOLLOCKS!!!!!!

I am related to lots of people so there Razz

exit stage left

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:44 pm      Reply with quote

I know where you sleep...and quit taking my pills!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:56 pm      Reply with quote

Wow! Was "Eisnein" famous? no wonder his theories are disproven.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:27 pm     Poor Einstein Reply with quote

The theory of relativity was always that - just a theory, it was never proven and to the best of my knowledge has not been disproven. Rather there are other contradictory theories that undermine his great theory but these are only useful in certain branches of science. The theory of relativity is great because it can be easily explained and grasped by those who want to understand this world, it supports a much broader scientific base then other theories and generally is accepted as the best theory we have and therefore the one we use

Unfortunately for good old grey beard you cannot receive Nobel prizes for theories so instead he was awarded one for his less known work on the "photo-electric effect, which is a very obvious manifestation of the quantum nature of light (light comes in and electrons get ejected from a material). It was convincing prove, before quantum mechanics had even been developed, that light is in some sense quantized. Of course, he is remembered for his work on relativity and gravity, but that is what he got the Nobel prize for." (to lazy to type so just quote the explanation Laughing )

But hey he is still awesome however you look at it.

Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:12 pm      Reply with quote

Sorry, yes, should have added that all theories were just that. My bad.

It's even theorised that even gravity will disproven one day.

As for relativity. I picked up the info about it's supposed rejection from the old man who is a complete science geek. Even read a few articles on the subject myself...but not being the sharpest pickle in the barrel, most of it went over my head quickly. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:15 am     I like where this thread is going Reply with quote

Wow!!! gravity being disproven, that will be a serious feat. it would be a paradigm shift in how we perceive the world and its place in the solar system and universe. I can see where people might point and say that it is but a celestial energy or the subtle binding energies of certain micro particles. In other words it would be a different explanation for the same perceived effect. We would exist with similar boundaries but a rethinking of such an important concept might create some intellectual room for scientists to think outside the box - as the fundamental problem with science is that when something is deemed as the way, funding and research into other understandings quickly dry up.

So should the concept of gravity be rejected and re-researched - HELL YEAH, i want anti gravity boots damn it!!!! and they cant have the equal mass of the earth residing in them!!!

In the end all proven theories are just a house of cards Very Happy pull one out and they all come tumbling down - however in the end we will still exist and carry on perceiving reality just like our ancestors did - well until we can genetically alter ourselves to be able to hear ultra sonic and see infra red etc...

Thanks Robbo for getting this ball rolling - im rather enjoying the ride

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:19 am      Reply with quote

Robbo wrote:
yeah...but no one's proven relativity either.

Isn't that what DNA tests are for? :lol:

TTFN

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:34 am      Reply with quote

Robbo wrote:
Sorry, yes, should have added that all theories were just that. My bad.

It's even theorised that even gravity will disproven one day.

As for relativity. I picked up the info about it's supposed rejection from the old man who is a complete science geek. Even read a few articles on the subject myself...but not being the sharpest pickle in the barrel, most of it went over my head quickly. Smile

So what does hold us to the ground, quantum attraction? Super elasticity string theory like imperceptible subatomic rubber bands between us and the earth?

Maybe we subconsously attune our biomagnetic fields to the earths to enhance attraction and it is only be decieving our consous mind with bullshit like flying machines that we adjust our field for repulsion in a sort of mass hypnosis/gestalt and plane crashes are cause by some one waking up and disbelieving the illusion.

Or maybe its just a case of strange wimps Twisted Evil

TTFN

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:25 pm      Reply with quote

BigMac wrote:

So what does hold us to the ground, quantum attraction? Super elasticity string theory like imperceptible subatomic rubber bands between us and the earth?

Maybe we subconsously attune our biomagnetic fields to the earths to enhance attraction and it is only be decieving our consous mind with bullshit like flying machines that we adjust our field for repulsion in a sort of mass hypnosis/gestalt and plane crashes are cause by some one waking up and disbelieving the illusion.

Or maybe its just a case of strange wimps Twisted Evil

TTFN

Robbo..... whose pills is Bigmac taking then?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:31 pm      Reply with quote

it took millions of people across hundreds of years to agree that the world was flat.

Took one guy with a boat to prove them wrong.

Thus the amusing thought: What if someone does something so that gravity simply stops? Or what we thought of as gravity does anyway.

Laughing

As it stands, gravity is merely a hypothesis that holds true given the current circumstances.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:19 pm      Reply with quote

Robbo wrote:
it took millions of people across hundreds of years to agree that the world was flat.

Took one guy with a boat to prove them wrong.

Aristotle argued that the earth was spherical.
Eratosthenes even estimated the size of the planet.
a good 300 years before Christ.

No educated person thought that the earth was flat.

You might like to read "Inventing the Flat Earth: Columbus and Modern Historians"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/027595904X?ie=UTF8&tag=suggestion-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=027595904X

or "Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743296281?ie=UTF8&tag=suggestion-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0743296281

And while I'm here, what on earth (no pun intended) has any of this got to do with mouthguards & concussions?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:30 pm      Reply with quote

It has something to do with mouthguards? Shocked

Aristotle was a genius, and thank you...never could remember the name of the guy who tried the estimate. The Egyptians proved it was round too. Heretics.

...and whilst I respect the average man/woman. No educated person thought George W. Bush would get a second term as President either......

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:05 am     LOL Reply with quote

"...and whilst I respect the average man/woman. No educated person thought George W. Bush would get a second term as President either......"

Man that made me laugh!!!!

But then again what does education have to do with politics - im in the UK now and i am watching this muppet with the brain of peanut try and run the uk out of recession - first he sold the gold and silver reserves (together about £50 billion i think) in about 2003 (?) when he was the chanceller, effectively making the uk much more exposed to global financial trends and now he's primeminister and he has set the interest rate to 1 % effectively chasing everyone with money out of the counrty as they go to find better rates in other countries. An educated person would have seen Brown as Bushes bum buddy and that he only became PM because Tony Blair (at least an intelligent muppet) was forced to resign... ok enough off topic discussion from me!

Mouthguards...mmm... they look so good - its a fashion statement! actually having club coloured ones made might be kind of neat; red and black for the ravens, blue and yellow for the dragons, blue and black for the falcons etc... im pretty sure the rugby clubs get them done. anyone know about this?

Whether they help with the judder caused by head blows or not the do stop you biting your tounge by mistake Smile and yes been there done that...

Dan

:edit: shit i cant spell to save my life...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote

I also use my mouthguard to...

- Reduce chew marks on my top shield edge.

- It is impossible to spit on a banner when wearing a mouthguard.

- You don't have to answer questions, 'cause you can't.

- Cushion impacts when headbutting.

Mouthguard Poem

I dropped in in the urinal once,
the ambulance man washed it off,
smothered it in gel.
I stuck it back in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to top Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: