Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Siege
Serpentine test at woodville mid Dec.

conal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:49 pm     Serpentine test at woodville mid Dec. Reply with quote

Ist meeting of the Naama seige society.

Actually its more likely to be a few beers and a bit of a yarn at the moment.

BUT!...

Craig B has finished the Cannon!

Vaughn has his C14th hand gonne ready--ish for the Summer.

Trebuchet news.

"Bad Neighbour" is in need of a refit.

Scale model of "Warwolf" in planning stages now.

Workshops planned for early Jan, anyone keen on a couple of days in Palmy slamming a hammer or wielding a drill?

What news of the Balistae of Rome?

Fantastic book acquired from Sasha on seige craft from Rome till the Hundred Years War.

Some very good tent designs based on the old wall mining coverlets.

Those of you interested in seige craft and encampments - We want to build the next Naama fort from earthen ramparts, sign up!

Have yet to talk to Darryl as to the extent of digging allowed.

Seeing as we have a digger he might want to cautiously phrase his reply.

Anyone keen on being in the fort building team is welcome to list interest here.
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:33 pm      Reply with quote

C'mon... you're actually suggesting there are people out there who don't enjoy building forts? An earth fort sounds excellent. If I'm able I'll be in for sure!

Also, when you get a date, time, and place for the first siege group meeting post it here. I'll be in.

Would it be a heretic offence to ask for more information about Bad Neighboor? This is the first I've heard of it... apparently I should get out more.

Nigel
Amanda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote

Sorry to hijack your topic, boys, but...

...I'll be in Palmy for about a week over the Xmas/NY break, if anybody wants to catch up (or partake of some Norse cooking or eating!) ...Food 'workshop', anyone?

Smile
A.
Phil Berghan-Whyman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:28 pm     The Cannon? Reply with quote

Quote:
Craig B has finished the Cannon!

The cannon? Shocked

Please tell me more. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Seige Engine Workshop Madness.

Okay we're on for the Week 'tween Christmas and New Years.

There's plenty of room at the House of Goth and the workshop has been cleared for the go.

Will finallise details tonight at the geek session but the plan is to field our creation at Harcourt with an artilery duel twixt "Bad Neighbour"and "Warwolf".

Whether that survives contact with realityis anyones guess. You'll need to bring a sleeping bag and kit but there should be enough beds. Food we can be figured out when we've got numbers. Good news is that the shower is working now. the loo is an adventure but will be decontammed prior to the arrival of civilised company.

All welcome and there may be an attempt to project north to Te Puhue for the ME New years bash. but that will be over night only... hang-over dependent. and subject to transport availablity.

All welcome, but you guys new that already.

Post if you're coming over please!
adrianf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote

i'll come and help butcher some innocent lumber, (then become the tea lady when i injure myself) Embarassed
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: