Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Armouring & Weapon Smithing
chail mail
Goto page Previous  1, 2

BigMac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:26 am      Reply with quote

What do I look like a dictionary do I have oxford stamped on my forehead? No, go ask stephan the meaning, I just thought that what sounded like a girls name was a good nickname for you. Would you prefur Nancy or something like Carlita or Carlota? :P :P :P :P

TTFN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote

ahah fools! Barbs as in steel spikey barbs, ie: stitting on a tack, but with barbs, so it hurts and rips when you pull it out! ahahah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote

Well that doesn't rhyme now does it, ruins the pentameter dont it Rolling Eyes philistines

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:22 pm      Reply with quote

Instead of "Barbs" how about "Dr Seussie"? Or just "Suzy"?

Carl, thoughts please? Wink

Willz
Carl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:32 pm      Reply with quote

please ignore Mike, he needs a girlfreind and the desperation gets him confused sometimes, he will be trying to call you Willamina soon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
Yup, never heard that before...

The one big difference in his naming either of us with that in mind?

You'll look better in a dress I suspect Razz

Willz
Carl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote

rachnwill wrote:

You'll look better in a dress I suspect Razz
Willz

Yeah but you are the one with the long flowing locks of raven hair, mikes into that Wink he told me Wink Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:05 pm     Maille Reply with quote

I can source chainmail in:
• BUTTED
• ROUND RING ROUND RIVETED
• FLAT RING ROUND RIVETED
• FLAT RING WEDGE RIVETED
• FLAT RING RIVETED WITH ALTERNATE ROWS OF SOLID PUNCHED RINGS

the butted is the cheapest but the Flat Ring Riveted with Alternative Rows of solid rings is the most historically accurate. i dont have the pricelist on me right now but if you can indicate what you would be interested in i can get back to you with an idea of cost. I can supply all chainmaile to suit your needs, all is Handmade and comes in medium, large & x-Large.

for an example a Haubergeon in Flat Ring wedge Riveted with Alternative Rows of solid rings would be round $665 + shipping.

Butted is allot cheaper but as it is hand made by skilled craftsmen there is still a relative cost. email me directly at pennyfarthingracer@xtra.co.nz
I will get a current price list sent to me from my suppliers and there is annother suppier that i can get butted mailae from that is allot cheaper than my main suppier, but you get what you pay for. shipping is at cost to NZ from offshore and half cost to you within NZ. if you can find others to oder at the same time you will beable to combine to save on shipping.

the Chainmail I sell is the best that is availible in the world, and as it is handmade so items can be made to order at additional cost.

Butted Coif start from $60 and butted Hauberk $130 both plus shipping, this is from my cheaper company, i have not seen what it is like, but its a good place to start from.

I can also get plate armour and arming clothing for a good price
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: