Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Other Lifestyle
hand cream

Ysemay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:07 pm     hand cream Reply with quote

Anyone know of a safe medieval recipe for hand cream or cold cream? All of the recipes I can find have toxic ingredients like lead in them... :S
Ryu_Soma

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote

thats the thing back in medieval times they didnt have QA or testing Embarassed they didnt know what was toxic, i know the japanese used many different toxic, poisonous ingredients to add colour to make up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote

and since then they have invented animal testing
lol
cruel but if it werent for that imagine how many skinny and anorexic girls would die..... the only ones left alive would be the natural beauties... like you two Razz and of coarse stacey haha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:30 am     Re: hand cream Reply with quote

Ysemay wrote:
Anyone know of a safe medieval recipe for hand cream or cold cream? All of the recipes I can find have toxic ingredients like lead in them... :S

you mean despite sticking you hand s in a sheep? Laughing

A sheep's fleece that is

TTFN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote

Back then they didnt live as long as we do now, so people didnt really care about the kind of things that happen now, also you didnt sue or argue with companies you killed them!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:22 am      Reply with quote

There are records of people living into their 80's or 90's (one of Henry V's generals for example)

The short lifespan was an average that was heavily influenced by the high child mortality rate. Many did live into their late 40's or 50's. To say that they "didn't really care about the kind of things that happen now" as they had shorter lives is absurd.

I have seen mentioned eslewhere creams that don't have toxins in them made to period recipies but can't find them since, and was just wondering if anyone here knew where i could locate them.
Wendz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:52 am      Reply with quote

Have you tried Stefan's Florilegium? I just googled it and there seem to be a couple of recipes on there that may be useful.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: