Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Help with this site
chat a bit buggy

Ryu_Soma

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:47 pm     chat a bit buggy Reply with quote

has anyone whos used the chat notice that it sends multiple messages and sometimes doesnt even send any at all?
Just thought someone should know if they are going to upgrade it sometime in the future Medieval Medieval

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote

Hiya,

Yep, we know it needs work. At some point in the indeterminate future it'll be overhauled or replaced entirely. It's a feature that isn't used a lot but would probably be used more if it was working well.

Thanks for posting and watch this space.

Cheers,
Nigel
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote

There's a new version of chat up on the site now. Give it a go, it's been overhauled a fair bit, although there are no new bells and whistles, just the old ones fixed.

The counter should work properly now.

Nigel
Ryu_Soma

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:43 pm      Reply with quote

i just notcied that if you start up the chat then close it the page still refreshes every 5 sec or so, not sure if thats intentional or a bug

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote

I have no idea how you managed that, but I've not been able to recreate it. If anyone else is having the same trouble please let me know. Otherwise if you've closed chat by clicking on the 'x' then it should be gone gone. Is it happening every time?
Ryu_Soma

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote

heh its not doing it now must have been a one time bug Medieval

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote

The site is doing that refresh thing again - to be specific - i am using IE 7.0.6
I click on chat button up top, it refreshes every so often so that messages can be seen - but when the cross (" X ") is clicked and you sit there for about 30 sec and it starts refreshing as it would when in the chat - i have tried this on 3 different computers running IE 7 and it does the same thing so it cant be my comp Razz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote

Hmmmm. Sorry to hear that. I'm not running IE 7 on my PC so I'll have to find one here that I can check that on. I assume it's just a problem with the chat and not with the main site when you're not using chat?

Nigel
Robbo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote

Could also handle being just a "little" bit wider?

Talking to Gerard, just now, we had trouble reading email addresses and phone numbers lol.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: