Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Historical Combat
Fightcamp 2008 at The Royal Gunpowder Mills

pmel018
Principal Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:56 am     Fightcamp 2008 at The Royal Gunpowder Mills Reply with quote

Hi Guys
I was able to attened Fightcamp 2008 for the whole three days this year and camped over for the two nights. As with this event last year, there were a number of sessions covering all aspects of WMA from I.33 to Cunninghams cane method and Bartitsu.
The venue was the same as last year, and is frankly amazing with acres and acres of space. Friday we had the place to our selves but on Sat and Sun the public have access, any chance to spread the word Very Happy Very Happy
Due to my own lack of gear I stuck to the less elaborate seminars; Cunninghams cane method, Unarmed from Fiore, German dagger concepts and training methods(done in the pouring rain, footwork, footwork)Bartitsu basics( an Edwardian method of self defence that is being revived)and Messer combat.There was also a workshop on presenting WMA in a theatrical context. All in all a great weekend, met a few old friends and made a few new ones, even met a Kiwi who used to train with the White Company(the precusor to Auckland Sword and Shield)
I have a few pictures, some shamelessly pinched from www.fioredeiliberi.org[url]
Warm up under the watchful eye of an ex Guardsman

Cane Workshop

Harry Winter, one of the presenters, a very large man who moved with the grace of a ballet dancer and the power of a bulldozer.

Yours truely(on the right) about to begin my Messer seminar

The one vendor allowed on the site, also a presenter.

A great time completely free of politics and one upmanship, the organisers were flexible enough in their approach to welcome a group persuing a very different methodology, attempting to blend Filipino, Spanish and Italian sources into a coherent whole. Not my idea of a good time but great guys to spar with, love that knife work Mr. Green Mr. Green
Well next thing on the agenda is a weekend with the Gurkhas. Will post report and pictures elsewhere on this site
Regards
Phil[/url]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: