Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Historical Combat
February 2007 Training in Auckland

Colin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:21 am     February 2007 Training in Auckland Reply with quote

Things are slowly kicking into gear. The two systems in a single session seems to be quite popular. So without further ado:

Thursday: German longsword, and I.33 Sword and Buckler

Sunday: English two handed sword, and George Silver Short Sword

Monday: Bare knuckle boxing and street savate

Tuesday: Italian and Spanish rapier

The first session of the month is open to newcomers and experienced alike!

The Thursday, Monday and Tuesday sessions are at the Edendale Scout Hall in Sandringham, and run 7pm to 9pm

The Sunday session are at the Westmere Scout Hall on Meola Road (Westmere), and run 10am to 12pm

Ph. 09 815 5506 for more info
knight of magdalene
This account is inactive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote

Would you please provide the indervidual prices for these studies please
Colin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote

All streams cost $25 per month. Private lessons cost more.

Beginning training equipment is provided.
knight of magdalene
This account is inactive

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:36 am      Reply with quote

Hi sounds interesting might be wort while. Respectfully, who are the instructors and what is the basis of their qualifications to teach please?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote

Gentlemen, if you wish to continue this conversation along these lines, please take it off the forum or use the private message or email function of the site.

Personal attacks will not be tolerated. This is your only warning.

Admin
Colin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote

You know full well that there is no living lineage of medieval fighting systems remaining from Europe. What is left is piecing those together from the medieval fencing treatises. Thus no one is "qualified" to teach it.

The principle instructor of HEMA in Auckland is me, as you well know. Why? Simply because I put in the most work. I've put my money where my mouth is. I have consulted and met other practitioners from across the world. Does it make me "qualified" to teach it? No. Without the fencing guilds of old there can be no one qualified. What we can do is make "modern" masters, but thus far no one is terribly keen on the idea, and IMO rightfully so.

Do I particularly want to teach? No. In many respects I'd rather be the student than the teacher. However since few want to do it, it falls to those that are prepared to. In this case, me.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: