Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Other Weapons and Combat
self defense classes

Anna Cruse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:35 am     self defense classes Reply with quote

Hi there

I'm running a self defence class in Auckland – feel free to distribute as you see fit…

When: Tues nights, 7 - 8:30 pm, in 6 lesson blocks starting March 4
Where: Auckland Girls Grammar school, Upper Gym. There is a carpark off Hopetoun St, almost opposite Hereford St, which is off K Rd. From the carpark (to the left, facing the road), there is a path that leads down the back of the gym. I’ll have the second back door open from when I get there. If you get there before me the front door will be open cos there’s basketballers in there before us.
Cost: $50 for each series of 6 lessons, or $160 for family of 4 – goes to hall hire, and half of remainder will go to NZ Guardian Angels Charitable Trust
Who: Open to anyone from 8 y.o (from 8 with parental supervision, from 13 without), but classes are targeted at people who are not, for whatever reason, as strong as an adult male: ladies, kids, elderly, and those with physical limitations.
Class: Limited to 30 (first in first served) – if I get LOTS of interest I’ll try to arrange another class sometime
Wear: Sturdy clothes you can move in, and covering footwear (not high heels). Buttoned shirts not recommended…
Me: Have been doing martial arts of various forms from 1983 (armed from 1985), and teaching from about 1995. Am a member of the NZ Guardian Angels (leader of the CBD chapter). Have experience teaching women, kids and the elderly in unarmed self defence, formally starting teaching in 2007. Mother of 2, qualified first aider, live in Auckland CBD, and have done my time on crutches, so I have some idea.
Contact: Anna on 027 3411148 or email to annaandpatch@slingshot.co.nz

Please feel free to invite all who might be interested – the more the merrier.
Hope to see you there
Anna
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: