Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Metal, Wood, Bone, Glass
Bone for carving

Effigy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:50 pm     Bone for carving Reply with quote

I have in my freezer split canon bones, they need cleaning. I can do it for you but it puts the price to $5 apiece. (Or barter) Each section is 6"-8" long roughly 1/2" thick and 1 1/2" - 2" wide.
I got our local homekill butcher to do them for me for needles, but he gave me an entire cow!
stephan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote

i would love to get some bone needles for lady maree will talk to you next time we meet
amuckart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote

How much flat area is there on these bones?

I need some bones I can file down to completely flat 3x40x80mm pieces as smooth as possible. I've tried femurs and scapula without luck so far. It's starting to look like what I need is the top of a skull.

Would I be able to get a couple of such plates out of these canon bones?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote

[quote="amuckart"]How much flat area is there on these bones?

I need some bones I can file down to completely flat 3x40x80mm pieces as smooth as possible.

I have put the ruler over the flatter of the 2 pieces that I have already cleaned and you just might manage it.
I'll go through all the 'meaty' pieces in the freezer and pick out the biggest ones. If its a skull you are wanting... can be arranged. PM me for details.
Anne
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: