Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Archery
Website to Horse bows

gt1cm2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:31 pm     Website to Horse bows Reply with quote

For those that saw our horse bows this weekend and wanted the web address it is http://www.bowshop.eu/.

The guy was great to deal with although his English wasn't too hot so we communicated via email and he kept within the timeframes quoted to us. I do recommend a glove although if your having as much fun as we were then you won't mind the missing chunk off your thumb Laughing

did the band play the last post and chorus
did the pipes play the flowers of the forest
Bogue
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:04 pm     Horse bows Reply with quote

Hey Cindy.

They look very similar to the one Dee has.

If you are copping A bit of thumb twang as you release you may need to get a thumb ring.

There is a few nice glass ones online but you should be able to get one out of mutton leg bone (depending on size of thumb) Antler or horn is also good for this. http://www.bowshop.eu/?term=65 (the site you got your bows from)

Cheers
Bogue
Grayson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote

No, just sharp feathers slicing into my hand. I want to try a thumb ring but I don't have the strength in my hand due to OOS (or RSI if you prefer). Who knows it may just take a lot of practice getting the thumb strength built up but this was only the second time we used them, first time was sitting on my horse that didn't care.

I have been reading a bit about it and if the spine of the arrow is correct for the bow (should be 5 to 10 less than the poundage of the horse bow) then it should fly off the hand without cutting. I checked this out when we first used the bow with two different spines and it did make a huge difference, however I wasn't using my normal target arrows this weekend hence the cutting.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote

oops sorry was logged in as Grayson, that should have been me.
did the band play the last post and chorus
did the pipes play the flowers of the forest
Chevalier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:
very similar to the one Dee has

The bows are actually quite different though yes, they are all made for horsearchers... see http://www.horsebackarchery.co.nz/bows.html for more about the differing types...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: