Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Help with this site
Events calendar

admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:14 pm     Events calendar Reply with quote

Hi all,

A while back I started building an events calendar for the site. It got a little too ambitious and I stopped work on it.

Do you think a simple events calendar would be of use here? I'm suggesting something where you can create an event and specify what type of event it is (combat, craft, feast, general, etc), the start and finish date and time, other details (such as location) and attach any relevant documentation to it. Everyone sees a year planner type display with all events on it colour coded to distinguish between local events and those further away.

I had originally though of creating an online booking system for events where you could setup a number of options such as food alergies, how many days you want to stay for, do you have kids, etc, and let people signup online... but I really don't think we need all that, do we?

Would this be useful to people?

Admin
Wellybex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote

I think that is an AWESOME idea - Quentin in particular will like it!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:
I had originally though of creating an online booking system for events where you could setup a number of options such as food alergies, how many days you want to stay for, do you have kids, etc, and let people signup online... but I really don't think we need all that, do we?

Nope you certainly don't need all that info, just something basic with maybe a contact person/email/ph number would do it.

did the band play the last post and chorus
did the pipes play the flowers of the forest
Chevalier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:00 pm      Reply with quote

What are you waiting for! Go ahead! Wink
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote

Well ok then. I'll see about getting something finished in the next week or two.

Nigel
wuzzle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:19 pm      Reply with quote

Want to advertise an event but cannot get past club part
can you help
ta wuzzle

admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote

wuzzle and mandy wrote:
Want to advertise an event but cannot get past club part

If you click on 'Clubs' at the top of the page, that'll take you to the list of clubs and groups. From here you can add new groups. These are the 'hosting groups' linked to events. If you don't want to add a group you can leave this box blank, it's optional. Once you've saved the event (click 'save') you can attach documents to it if you wish. It will show up on the calendar as soon as you've saved it the first time.

Does that answer your question? If you're having trouble with it I'd love feedback on how it could be improved to make it easier to use.

Admin
stephan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote

i like the calander but i dont like having to make a seprate entry for a event held every month how about making a option for regular event stuff i am refering to the five oaks tourney witch is auckland only interclub regular event i would like to mark it every month but cant be botherd can you devise a easir way

regards stephan
Scott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote

Type it up once in notepad and save it. Next month copy it and paste it into a new post and put the date of the event in the subject line.

Granted it's not a solution, but it's a viable workaround.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote

Hi Stephan,

Good point about repeating events. I originally had left it out because (a) I didn't want every club training in the country turning up in the calendar and jamming it solid. However on reflection there is a place for everything in there, including weekly trainings and monthly tourneys if people so desire. I'll look into how we might accomodate this for the next release.

Unfortunately with NAAMA looming large it will probably not get changed until after labour weekend. And yes, in the mean time please just do a copy and paste.

Cheers,
Admin
stephan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote

sweet

stephan
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: