Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Other Crafts
period tents/accomodation/somewhere to pass out

adrianf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:37 am     period tents/accomodation/somewhere to pass out Reply with quote

i trying to reasearch some decent period acomodation but i dont want to go with the a frame tents a lot of people use.

any ideas on some good sources to go through? ideas for types of rain avoidence shelters?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote

You need to talk to Craig Broughton (I'm not sure if thats how you spell his name... sorry)
He makes excellent tents and would be able to help you Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote

http://www.bluedraco.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=114

have a look at the pictures here.
although thids is an australian site its just the pics im pointing out really
dogboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote

i'll show you how to go about making a period tent when I get some pics up. There are many variations of the classic A frame & the best part is once you start with a good layout you can keep adding to it until you end up with what I have "A complete hut" you also have to take into consideration transport but don't be shy - yes it can be difficult but were there is a will there is a way
Thanks Griff for the important posts! Mr. Green
pmel018
Principal Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote

Or you could try and get ahold of Mike Johnson from Whangarei, he built an excellent medieval pavilion. I saw it at the first Taupo event
Vana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote

Thanks for that Griff!

What a great little tent, the perfect solution for those with transport troubles!

An axellent solution for accomodation in Australia.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote

Hi vanessa how is your round house project getting on? I would be keen to see!
ann dugmore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:37 pm     medieval tents Reply with quote

Mike Johnson has made 2 round medieval tents now both excellently made!
Colin McInstry has also made a superb monster medieval tent - has to be seen to be believed!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote

Hi Everything Mike makes is excellently made, theman just blows me away with what he can achieve. I haven't seen Colins effort but don't doubt that it would be a most competentl effort
Phil
Vana

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote

Hey Chris,

Round hut is going well, slowly but well, probably even slower now Ive seen that spear tent... I am currently reducing the weight of the roof.

Looking forward to seeing this portable Hut youve made! Are you still able use the A frame portion as a seperate tent?

If anyone wants a yurt theres one for sale on Trade Me.
$400, ready to wear, nice and big too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote

everything is simply a attachment to the A frame 'all light weight bolt on panels that have the look of solid timber. I can choose to have them on or not, you will love it! Ill have it erected in my court yard in the next month to do some more work, like a porch area that will also support the a frame a little higher from the ground & I would also like to get an awning in place as part of the porch area. Ill let you know when I have it up.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: