Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Archery
Combat archery supplies

NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:52 am     Combat archery supplies Reply with quote

Is anyone in Auckland interested in going halves on a sheet of 1.6mm perforated mild steel to make visors out of? A full 1200mm x 2400mm sheet is $189+GST, which is a little more than I'm prepared to absorb myself. However if someone in Auckland is prepared to go halves on it, we could get it cut in half before it leaves Auckland and leave half there and truck half to Wellington.

The point of this is to run a workshop day in both Auckland and Wellington before NAAMA and make point-archery visors for peoples helms, among other things, and try and get as many people up to spec for the heavy archery stuff as we can. You should get 10 to 15 large visors or loads of small visors out of a half sheet. If you want to fight in the same field as someone doing point-archery you'll need critical protection, including a face visor. Point archery will only be done in special battles, not in general melee fights, so it will not exclude anyone from a normal battle.

Is anyone in Auckland interested? Obviously you can charge a small markup to cover your costs, but it does help get more people into it and make it just that much more fun at NAAMA.

Regards,
Nigel
Victorius

Location: IMPERIVM ROMANA: The Roman club with a Living History focus.New Roman Club

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:38 am      Reply with quote

That seems awfully expensive...why not just buy a sheet of 1.6mm mild steel for about $40-60 and then perforate it yourself? Much cheaper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:27 am     Archery Mesh Reply with quote

Quote:
That seems awfully expensive...why not just buy a sheet of 1.6mm mild steel for about $40-60 and then perforate it yourself? Much cheaper

I think the main problem with that would be the uniformity of the hole and spacing. Also you have to look at the time to cost ratio,while I may make swords and armour at the equivalent rate of $5-00 an hour I suspect that others are not so willing. That doesn't mean I'd offer to do it for that though. Must put my prices up I s'pose.

Cheers
Bogue
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: