Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Historical Combat
15th Century Longsword

Hawkwind™

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:55 pm     15th Century Longsword Reply with quote

I there, I have reopened the Olea Road hall for training (http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=olea+rd,+auckland,+new+zealand&aq=2&sll=-41.244772,172.617188&sspn=45.333788,57.392578&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Olea+Rd,+Auckland+1061,+Auckland&ll=-36.910338,174.799047&spn=0.023711,0.028024&z=15again on monday nights, from 7:30 to 9:30.

I will be training in the art of fiore and vadi, at this point in time, specifically the longsword and unarmed aspects of the art, or you are welcome to use the hall as space to train in winter months. Cost is $5 per night, if you wish to train in longsword please email me here (matthew.barrie@gmail.com) and let me know so I can for equipment as required.

Thanks.

Mat
Silver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:00 pm      Reply with quote

Cool
as soon as i get myself sorted in auckland then i will be there
atm still pulling apart my waterlogged car

fun fun fun in the sun sun sun Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:54 pm      Reply with quote

haha Always the North...had track to get longsworders here in the South so far I'd say theres proberly only 10 of us here in Te Wai Pounamu! maybe we need a hall?....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:50 pm      Reply with quote

Hey the Northmen have a reputation to uphold

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:12 pm      Reply with quote

LOL...oh wait....were you serious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:51 am      Reply with quote

If I am ever in the great land of the south I will come and visit you Jim.

Training went well on Monday, started exploring the unarmed sections quite well, and first fight for one of our newbies in which he aquitted himself well.

Look forward to futher expansion and exploration.

Mat
Mad Jim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:15 pm      Reply with quote

Yes would be good!, we have in Dunedin 4 longswords people [well learning longswords people], and this weekend I am to give a presentation on the Longsword, so maybe I can drum up some more interested peoples.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:36 pm      Reply with quote

Hey guys,

just to let you know, club tonight has been cancelled, I have a pulled muscle in my back and need to rest, apologies for the short notice, see you all next week.
Hawkwind™

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:45 am      Reply with quote

We are currently progressing quite well on the unarmed techniques and finding a lot of interesting things out.

Also planning on opening up on a thursday night, any expressions of interest?

As before the system is Fiore and Vadi, slowly working our way through the whole art, supplemented with dusak.
Hawkwind™

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:08 pm      Reply with quote

Just to let you all know, no club tonight, unforeseen circumstances arise.
Be back on next week, apologies for any inconvenience.
Hawkwind™

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:15 pm      Reply with quote

After a short break (albeit unplanned) over the holidays, we are all back and ready to rock this coming monday.

My thoughts are a more formal structure in that we will cover unarmed and dagger to begin with then in the last half of the evening tackle longsword, this may change a little depending on who comes along.

Kick off is at 7:30, those interested in exploring the italian tradition are more than welcome.
Hawkwind™

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:23 pm      Reply with quote

Just expanded the nights we run to include thursdays as well.

so we run training both mondays and thursdays at fergusson hall on olea road from 7:30 to 9:30.

monday nights will be the italian longsword system devoted strictly to the longsword, whereas thursdays will also include wrestling, and dagger from the same system, as well as other weapons depending on what people want to do on the night.

Due to a rise in numbers we can no longer accomodate people just showing up, please email me on matthew.barrie@gmail.com if you want to join in.
Hawkwind™

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:45 pm      Reply with quote

As the month is about to start, anyone intending to come along regularly is able to pay $30 either tonight or monday which will cover them for all training sessions this month.

If you are interested let me know on matthew.barrie@gmail.com
Hawkwind™

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:21 pm      Reply with quote

OK so new year and we are up and running again, both mondays and thursdays at the moment if you are interested in joining us for some good old fashioned longsword and a bit more then please come along, new start time is 8pm.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: