Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Equestrian
Starting out

Robin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:40 am     Starting out Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

In the last few months a few of us in the horde have gained access/bought a horse & gear with the long term intention of exploring the equestrian side of our hobby. It'd be safe to say interest is generally in skill at arms & jousting later on rather than the likes of archery (we can't do it standing still so i doubt there is much hope for us on a horse).

What I'm after is some help in compiling exercises for both horse & rider to start developing the skills required.

Any help would be appreciated- shame we can't make it to Eke this weekend!

Cheers,
Robin
Chevalier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:31 pm      Reply with quote

Hello Robin,

It is always great to have new poeple interested in our hobby!

I recommend you contact Jezz Smith and/or Vikki Subritzki as they are well-known jousters and in reasonable (mind you, this is an Australian speaking - lol) distance from you.

It might be best to catch up with experienced mounted reenactors to develop an understanding of kits and equipment, training and exercises etc. There is an awful lot to it!

Anyway, perscnal encounters would surely help you to get things off the ground quickest. All the best, and I hope to hear from you from time to time...

Sasha
Horsearcher and Jouster
Household of the Green Knight
Chevalier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:07 pm      Reply with quote

Vikki has organised an event:

Equestrian Training for Displays Pataua North, Whangarei. End December / New Year.

Jousting, Skill at Arms, Mounted Combat, Drill / Formation Riding.
Ground Crew also needed. Grazing Available. We have an opportunity to do a display up north here on the 4th if riders keen.

I suggest you contact her on GD or FB.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: