Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Textiles, Garb and Jewelery
Medieval Jewellery

MissMenolly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:40 am     Medieval Jewellery Reply with quote

Hi all,

(newbie voice)
My first post, I'm Karen aka Menolly aka Lady Alana the Traveller. I am involved with the Auckland Uni Medieval Guild. We are a bunch of new and not so new people to reanactment, all involved in different groups in Auckland. We get together at Uni on Wednesday evenings. We run classes, workshops, work on pet projects and attend various weapon training events run by a range of other groups depending on our personal preferences. We also run a couple of bigger events each year, including one called Frost Bane Festival which is on Sept 1st.
(/newbie voice)

This Wed night we are having an open discussion about medieval 'bling'. Jewellery and accessories, both functional and decorative. Those attending have been asked to bring along what they have and any research that goes with them to share what they did, and what they found out.

Our meetings are open to anyone, so everyone is welcome. No cost involved, don't have to be a member to come along.

We meet every Wed from 7pm to 9pmish.
We meet at the Auckland Uni city campus, in 1 of 2 locations. Either the Clubs Space room, or the Study Room on the ground floor of the Student Commons. If you go to this map http://www.sges.auckland.ac.nz/public/maps/city.pdf Clubs Space is second floor of 311 building that runs along the Maidment Theatre. Student Common is building 315.

This week for Medieval "Bling" we are in Student Commons building, ground floor.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: