27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
MAYBE
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Freebooter
Principal Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:39 am     Blacksmithing workshops Reply with quote

Hi All,

Looking for an idea of how many folks would be keen on paying between $50 and $60 for a half-day workshop with an internationally recognised master blacksmith?

Mark Stretton is on the invite list for Taupo, but we need to know we can cover his fare.

Please vote, make suggestions, and all that stuff.

More info as I have it.

Nic
Frosty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:57 am      Reply with quote

keen as!!!
ill fork out a kidney if i had to Very Happy

would be great to have him here. i can bring my own forge if needed.
also i can get my hands on coke-ing coal here. few blacksmiths here aswell that might be interested. specially the guy i work with at the pioneer village in stratford.

but yes definetly keen!!!!

Frosty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:29 pm      Reply with quote

I will definately be interested, will try and find out how many others in Sable Hart would be interested.

Hopefully both the Blacksmith and Archery Workshops will be on diferent days.

Cheers

Graham

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:30 pm      Reply with quote

Can I suggest you contact 'historic' villages in the region and arty-crafty places? There are blacksmiths I know who work in Tauranga who might be interested in the workshop, but would need to confirm dates soon (I know they do displays in places like the Historic Village in Tauranga). Please PM/Tell me if you do want the information touted in the wider community.
Cool
Freebooter
Principal Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote

Yes.

Please tell EVERYONE. We need to fill some numbers to make this work.

Nic
Freebooter
Principal Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote

Hi All.

In order to make this fly, we need a bare minumum of 20 people interested in this workshop. I'd prefer 25. If we don't get them, it won't happen, and time is running out.

So if you do want this to happen, tell your friends and get them to email, pm or facebook me about it.

We are currently around half the minimum, and I can only allow a few more days before I have to make a call.

thanks,

Nic

p.s this goes the same for the longbow classes too. irony of ironies, we could have filled the sword workshops twice over, but can't fill spaces for the only international workshopper we have left on the list! It's in your court, folks.
ChronicD
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:10 pm     Me to Reply with quote

Hi there,

juat wanted to say i would love to be in for this to.

dan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:57 am      Reply with quote

Hi All,

A tough decision has been made.

Despite the interest at this time, there simply are not sufficient paying numbers to make this a reality, and as the money is needed elsewhere, I have been forced to make the call not to bring Mark over for the 2011 Taupo Tournament.

I am sorry, because I have been looking forward to it very much, as I know that all you who have taken an interest in this have been.

At this time, we are still running the workshop event at Taupo, and I will be posting some information very shortly now that his matter has been called.

I will be contacting ewveryone concerned today,

My sincere apoligies.

Nic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: