Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Archery
6 x secondhand arrows for sale

Aaron

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:52 am     6 x secondhand arrows for sale Reply with quote

Hi,

I have half a doz refurbished arrows if anyone wants them. I made them when I first started shooting warbows as a set of target arrows but found that they are way too light for my bows and after breaking one of them clean in half no longer have any use for them.

The shafts are made of 11/32" Port Orford Cedar, spinned for a 40#ish bow by memory. They were all 31" long (from inside nock to socket) but the heads have broken off two of them so are now 3/4" shorter than the rest. I have repaired the one that broke in half with a toothpick inside and am confident it will hold. One of the others has also been hit by another arrow and has had a split repaired (see pics of both repairs). I know they sound in a very rough state but they are what they are. I am more than happy to chop them all down to 28" if anyone wants them to match, I like to make my arrows a bit longer so that there is still plenty of wood left to refit heads if they break off.
The shafts are fitted with field points and are fletched in the medieval style with whipping. The feathers are 7" long and 3/4" high with a canary yellow cock feather so they are easier to find.

Like I say, I know they are not in the best state but if anyone wants them, make me an offer.

Cheers

SS850225.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  98.51 KB
 Viewed:  8601 Time(s)

SS850225.JPG

SS850223.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.45 KB
 Viewed:  8601 Time(s)

SS850223.JPG

SS850221.JPG