Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Reenactment Combat
The joy of getting wounded.

brotherramon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:06 pm     The joy of getting wounded. Reply with quote

I just heard of a 19 year old lad in the UK who, during his first visit to a small local re-enactment club which had metal swords (not sharp) for realism, got severely wounded with three broken ribs. The guy who dealt the accidental blow, a stout man in his 40's, went to visit him in the hospital, full of apologies, of course.

He found the young wounded lad in a state of excitement, who said to him, "I was hit, not by a car, nor by a revolving door, not by any modern thing, but by a *sword*!! Have you any idea how happy that makes me?" He could hardly sit still he was so excited!

I know just how he feels, and I guess a lot of people on this list might. Of course it's painful and a slow recovery, but if I ever get wounded, I hope it's with a medieval weapon, not with anything modern.

Brother Ramon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:23 pm      Reply with quote

yeah Nah it really is not as much fun as it sounds trust me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote

Although the reaction of the doctor / dentist when you tell them what you were doing when the accident occurred is almost worth it for minor MTIs...
Nathan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:39 pm      Reply with quote

Carl wrote:
yeah Nah it really is not as much fun as it sounds trust me

Agreed, but makes a good story at the local

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:48 pm      Reply with quote

Every time myself or the lads get a hard hit, it enforces the need to upgrade kit..Not that we'd suffer broken ribs! well I hope not haah
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: