Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Archery
Red Ravens Archery

Frosty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:55 pm     Red Ravens Archery Reply with quote

right have started doing archery on saturdays
making this an official thing. so if you are in palmy on a saturday and want to hoot come down to waterloo park and walk over the stop bank. shooting starts at 1pm and finishes round 3. sometimes we go longer if we dont want to stop

$2 for the shoot. covers damage to the targets and use of any equipment

would love to see archery in palmy grow.
possibly on this saturday if someone with keys shows up as i am away this saturday otherwise archery is on unless it is miserable.

if you are unsure contact me. celphone number is on my profile aswell as my email

Frosty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:20 pm      Reply with quote

Awesome Frosty. Good on your organising this. I hope everyone gets right behind it.

It does take some effort to get out on a cold winter afternoon, but I do hope you all do as it's no fun to run something and have nobody turn up. Besides, you know you all need the practice! I look forward to seeing a crack squad of Palmy sharp-shooters on the archery field soon.

Nigel
English Warbowman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:48 pm      Reply with quote

I think I've asked before but what range do you have?
English Warbowman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:55 pm      Reply with quote

Just had a look on Google Earth. Looks like there are several shots 220yards+. How's the ground - stony?
Leuscreuntos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:51 pm      Reply with quote

heheh frosty doesnt have a problem with getting out on a cold winters day, i make him come out!! =D

and the ground isnt that stony really, more mud then stone, so its quite good
Frosty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:37 pm      Reply with quote

yea some good shots available. can walk backwards for longer range. only problem is we get a few more pedestrians than the range in hawkesbay.
at the moment we are shooting around 120 yards. tis a good range for the lighter bows. max for the lighter bows is just over 120
we do a few closer shoots when we cant be bothered walking haha
we use two targets shoot to one and shoot back.
people seem to be getting behind it. not sure how many sharp shooters we will have at an event though.
but i have a few more recruits for archery and some of them are outsiders which is good

we dont mind having geusts on occasion. feel free to come down and have a blat and see what your bow can really do

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: