Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Equestrian
Zaragoza 1710 re-enactment

Godwin of Wessex

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:43 pm     Zaragoza 1710 re-enactment Reply with quote

Way outside our usual period I know but, the horses are stunning even if the piped music isn't.

UK friends of mine routinely attend this event as English artillery, taking themselves and their cannon across the Channel and then on by road into Spain.

Having "fought" on horseback myself on sealed roads in a town centre with the crowd line worryingly close, I'm full of admiration for these troopers.

There are quite a few clips of this event on You Tube, but be aware that there is also a regular Napoleonic event there as well, The large size of the uniform cuffs and the use of knee breeches is the main sign of the 1710 event.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQLtXqGHE48&NR=1

Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:36 am      Reply with quote

Very nice. Thank you for posting that. Quite a difficult display to pull off in the confined area of a main street! These 18th century costumes are starting to grow on me so maybe I'll look at some 18th century cavalry stuff once I've got my 16th century one sorted out.

Order of the Boar Historical Foot Combat -
www.hapkido.org.nz/upperhutt.html
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: