Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Archery
Archery Competition Taupo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Freebooter
Principal Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote

Talk to the Sable Harts. They're all archers. And in Taupo.

They're also very interested in competition shooting right now...

Nic
Archer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:39 pm      Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I will be seeing Redbeard next week and will discuss this with him. We have already been looking to hold a Roving shoot, we have one venue but it may be a bit on the flat side.

We also have two people that work on the Council so will talk to them about venues.

There will be several of us that will be down at Fungus's Camp next month and would like to use that some of the time at that venue to sit down with all those interested to go through some ideas, thrash out what will be needed, etc etc etc. If Fungus has no objections of course.

As Nic says we are very interested in Competition Shooting, and are always looking for a Challenge and something a bit different.

Cheers

Graham
English Warbowman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:12 pm      Reply with quote

Nowt wrong with flat rove Graham. How many marks have you got in mind? Any trees to shoot over? I was advised that about 80 acres is the minimum you would want for a good rove. I'd be up for a shoot. Just got a lighter warbow from Ozzee specifically for roving.
Archer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote

Not sure how big the farm is, it was just something that was put forward in general conversation, but will follow it up next weekend, as I will with the number of Marks.

Just out of interest how many Marks did we have at Napier.
English Warbowman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:04 am      Reply with quote

12 marks in Napier. I've got another planned for Hastings, a much more low key affair and there will be 11 or 12 marks there as well + a great paddock for distance and wand shoots etc.
There looks to be some great paddocks around Taupo. I'm always sizing them up for potential shoots when drive past them.
Archer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:50 am      Reply with quote

yes I know it's just getting the permission to use them, helps if the farmer is friendly, still we will see what we can do.

Any ideas on dates for Hastings. Confused
English Warbowman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote

Some time between March and May. I'm really busy so I'm trying to find the most suitable date.
Liesl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:01 pm      Reply with quote

This was my first taupo, and it helped with my decision to make a commitment to enactment. I really enjoyed it and intend to be there for the next one! Thanks heaps Nic!
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: