Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Archery
Combat archery in the new century

Frosty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:34 pm     Combat archery in the new century Reply with quote

right i propose we stop the rules we have and go unathentic for a while and have some fun...wit these!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHW_z8tjBgM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:59 pm      Reply with quote

No don't..., they are nothing but a gimmick and not as good as the video suggests

You would be better off taping a paintball to a bird blunt and using a authentic bow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:22 pm      Reply with quote

now theres an idea! i wonder if they would actually pop.

any one up for a game of Ye Olde Paintball?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:24 am      Reply with quote

That was a bit odd. I do remember a few years ago a similar device was marketed that allowed steel slingshot ammo to be fired from a bow. Supposed to be useful against small game and in heavy cover where arrows could be lost.
Phil
Carl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote

at Naama 07 nigel was playing paintball archery in the grove of pine saplings next to the camp, how was that played nigel?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:57 pm      Reply with quote

Carl wrote:
at Naama 07 nigel was playing paintball archery in the grove of pine saplings next to the camp, how was that played nigel?

We weren't using paintballs, but it was the same thing with combat arrows. Awesome! The most fun I'd had in ages. There were three of us hunting each other in a small maze with combat blunts and armour. Really cool.

If someone wants to set up a maze or other obstacles at a camp sometime, I'd definitely recommend this as a lot of fun - but you'll definitely need archery mesh for it.

Nigel
Leuscreuntos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:41 pm      Reply with quote

the idea of wearing armour and going around with combat blunts sound far more fun then a gun made to look like a bow, and using paint balls

if it happens anywhere near me im totally in Very Happy
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:17 pm      Reply with quote

There was discussion at one point of strapping red paintballs to the ends of the blunts and using them in public displays, but we weren't sure if that would be pushing the limits of gore too far - you never know who's going to complain about the graphic violence at these things.

If someone can organise some large obstacles at bigish camp sometime, I'd be happy to coordinate a few games of 'paintball' archery.

There's nothing like trying to take a corridor without a shield and feeling somewhat exposed when someone pops around the corner and lets fly with those arrows - there's nowhere to hide!

All we need is a couple of dozen really long waratahs (or someone with a post-hole borer and some long poles) and a large roll of cheap fabric.

Nigel
Fungus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:08 am     er Reply with quote

Nigel give Tatum a ring and see if the maze is still standing we could redo the walls

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:17 am      Reply with quote

NigelT wrote:
There was discussion at one point of strapping red paintballs to the ends of the blunts and using them in public displays, but we weren't sure if that would be pushing the limits of gore too far - you never know who's going to complain about the graphic violence at these things.

Ahhh Nigel..... Hello Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:57 pm      Reply with quote

Carl wrote:
NigelT wrote:

Ahhh Nigel..... Hello Shocked

LMAO!
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:26 pm     Re: er Reply with quote

Fungus wrote:
Nigel give Tatum a ring and see if the maze is still standing we could redo the walls

Good plan. Are they still friendly to us? Same ownership? Etc? I don't think I've ever even met the owners.

Nigel
Fungus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:56 am     er Reply with quote

Kind of but since I no longer live down there I dont know what state its in and if the new owners would mind us using it

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote

where was naama 07?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:17 pm      Reply with quote

Frosty did ask:-
Quote:
where was naama 07?

Tatum Park
South of Levin

cheers
Bogue
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: