You are here: Forum Index -> Archery
Kassai horseback-archery competition- video
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Callum
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y69NLLyrULY

(The first minute is introductory fluff)

Order of the Boar Historical Foot Combat -
www.hapkido.org.nz/upperhutt.html
Njal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote

I think that this is the best clip so far, this guy is a hero. I would like to see him feature in a weeknight soap, just as long as it’s not at the same time as Coronation Street, I don't like to miss that. He did need to have the wind in his hair during the silhouette dusk scene though; maybe he could scream ‘freedom’ just once too. That would be cool.

He's pretty good though and he appears to have some excellent gear as well. He rides with godd stability I thought and the horse seemed quite straight. I was impressed at him firing into the shield on the other horse - that was pretty dangerous stuff I love it!
Callum
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote

The japanese "bo kata" was a bit naff though. Shocked

Order of the Boar Historical Foot Combat -
www.hapkido.org.nz/upperhutt.html
Njal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote

Yes Callum Herr I agree. Dispite that I believe he is quite accomplised with weapons simply by the open handed grip on the spearblade as he swings it around. I have rarely seen this in any of our styles HB/WMA/SCA/NAAMA most probably because of our safety glove requirements?

If people think that the Norsemen are dangerous then they should watch this guy firing at someone else on a horse in front of him.Imagine what a Nithiling would charge for his OSH complience.

He doesn't seem to be as proficient with his bow as some of the other clips although firing at the spinning target was clearer film.

Now you have made me start searching this 'youtube' website damn it all!
gt1cm2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:
Now you have made me start searching this 'youtube' website damn it all!

youtube bad place for eating up you bandwidth if on limited boardband! Laughing

did the band play the last post and chorus
did the pipes play the flowers of the forest
Gaius Drustanus
This account is inactive

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote

Hail Son of an Alan
Scythian steppe archer arrowheads 6th-4th century B.C. are illustrated on page 6 of"Mounted Archers of the Steppe 600BC-AD1300" OSPREY Elite 120 and they are not dissimilar to types designed to punch through armour. These are found all over the steppe in large numbers taken there by population migrations.
Lorica Segmentata or Roman laminated plate does not appear in the record until Varus' Teutoburger Wald disaster of AD9 so Crassus' legionaries were almost certainly wearing Lorica Hamata (chain mail). Roman chain mail consisted of punched washers alternating with rivetted links. Centurians and other officers may have been equipped with bronze or iron cuirasses.
Horse Archers are cool when they live on Auchland's North Shore but not so useful to train with when they move to Nelson. That's Steppe Nomads for You!

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: