Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Armouring & Weapon Smithing
As seen on myArmory...

Boyd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:12 pm     As seen on myArmory... Reply with quote

Check out the pretty Vendel shields...

www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=18205

Awesome!

Cheers

Boyd

Aldous Huxley in "Texts and Pretexts", 1932
Frosty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:06 am      Reply with quote

seen some of hi other stuff?
he makes some of the stuff in the shops look bad.

my favourite is the raising experiment he did in Norway. particularly the Viking Forge. that is a thing of beauty!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote

In days of Yore, Stew could and did make helmets like this, in the Vendel and Valsquarde Style, (which is BTW previking and Migration period Sweden and not Norse-Viking period at all). They are Superb and probably collectors items now and in the future (I wish I'd bought one then).

I know that Markus has one, but sadly, like Stew, we never see him around now, either.

Warren Green made one or two Sutton Hoo helmets (I have them) but only on a tail wind, if he was in the mood, and only one that came close to the ornate features of the original Helmet taken from the ground at Sutton Hoo in East Anglia (it's in Australia now and a photo of it appears in the Osprey book about the Picts).

But he spat the Dummy with Norse reenactors as well and now he works for First Scene company instead.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: