Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Armouring & Weapon Smithing
Armour Tool Trade Wanted

Oskar der Drachen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:28 pm     Armour Tool Trade Wanted Reply with quote

Hi All,

I would like to do a trade with someone if they are keen for an interesting armour tool...

It is the end cap for a large diameter & high pressure plumbing pipe. It is 210mm in diameter, and 15mm thick in the walls, just over 6 kilograms of steel.

This would be good for either large scale raising for body armour, or turned over and cut down for a good dishing bowl.

What I want is a smaller diameter raising stake, or bits of metal suitable for *making* a good raising stake about 5 1/2 inches or 140mm in diameter (or thereabouts). What I want to make is helmets, joint armour and gauntlets. This is just too big. It IS a really good and heavy curved bit of steel though, and interesting/valuable in it's own right. It is far heavier than a section of welding bottle would be, and the edges are already finished. All it needs is polishing, as in the "top" picture.

To buy this from an engineering firm would be big bucks, any interest out there?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41945693@N07/

Oskar der Drachen
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: