Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Historical Combat
Fightcamp 2009

pmel018
Principal Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:14 am     Fightcamp 2009 Reply with quote

Hi Guys
well I haven't been up to much WMA-wise over the last few weeks, had a Sunday in London with Matt Easton a couple of months ago and a weekend conference at the University of Sheffield on aspects of medieval warfare but not much else. Anyhow in a few hours I'm off to Fightcamp 2009, this year held near Coventry. It has proved so popular that entry has been restricted to 200, no hangers on.A full program from mid-morning Friday to Sunday afternoon with presenters from all over Europe , topics include Pugilism, Swetnams quaterstaff, Meyer's dagger work, 17C Italian sabre, , plenty of Fiore-longsword, wrestling etc, Rapier, some Ringeck, Bolognese paired swords, the dreaded 1.33 sword and buckler, Pollaxe, Bartitsu with additional knife and stick work, Swiss longsword, messer and more.
Should be a great wekend. I will post a report later along with some pictures.
I should also be meeting up with Adam Weller, an ex-AS&S clubmate who is now living in the UK
Regards
Phil(still an bloody Blighty)
Silver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:29 pm      Reply with quote

Hey,
Do you have a link for this event
Cheers,
Silver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote

cool!, I heard fightcamp was a good weekend except for the camp site and the rain!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote

Hmmm... just love the comments of the uninformed Rolling Eyes The 3 days was great, the change of location from the Royal Gunpowder Mills to a private catered site near Coventry was also great. As usual the instructors gave their all, sometimes twice a day for the popular sessions.
The camps site was OK, way better than the Gunpowder Mills, heck we even had showers and flush loos Shocked. While it did rain a fair bit on Saturday we trained on regardless, or if that wsn't possible the classes were moved to Sunday, no one missed out because of the weather. Bartitsu in the rain was an interesting experience Laughing By Saturday night the rain had gone so there were few problems the next day. Had the pleasure of watching Adam Weller use basic Silver in the backsword tournament, the looks he recievd as he stood there with his sword straight up... and then cleaned out his opponent with one blow...very funnyhe even landed a clean blow on the eventual winner.
All in all an excellent weekend, my third since coming to the UK, if I'm still stuck here next year then I will be there again
Phil Melhop
Carl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote

pmel018 wrote:
Had the pleasure of watching Adam Weller use basic Silver in the backsword tournament, the looks he recievd as he stood there with his sword straight up... and then cleaned out his opponent with one blow

Oh-no there will no living with him after that Wink how far off the ground were his feet when he walked?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: