Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Historical Combat
Fiore de' Liberi's Fior di Battaglia

Gerard Kraay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:47 pm     Fiore de' Liberi's Fior di Battaglia Reply with quote

Finally this has been published, no more waiting on Bob Sharon.
Note this is the first publication and is the text only.

This has been a long time coming and its the Getty version.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/fiore-de-liberis-fior-di-battaglia/7311116

This book is the first English translation of Fiore de' Liberi's "Fior di Battaglia," the 1409 swordsmanship and martial arts text that is the oldest extant in the Italian tradition. The book survives in four known manuscripts. One of them, housed at the Getty museum in Los Angeles, CA, is held to be the most complete, and is the basis on this translation. Writing for an audience of illustrious students including the powerful marquis Nicolo' d' Este, Fiore presents detailed instruction on wrestling as well as the use of several weapons including longsword, axe, dagger, staff, lance and others. Fiore's text has been translated by experienced historical martial artist Tom Leoni of the Order of the Seven Hearts and reviewed by Maestro Sean Hayes of the Northwest Academy of Arms and by Greg Mele of the Chicago Swordplay Guild. Text only.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote

is that price USD?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:16 pm      Reply with quote

It is US$.

One of the guys on the NZ WMA forum has ordered a copy. I am waiting for him to review it before I decide whether or not to purchase it myself.

Order of the Boar Historical Foot Combat -
www.hapkido.org.nz/upperhutt.html
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: