Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Other Weapons and Combat
Khopesh

Vorschlag

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:04 pm     Khopesh Reply with quote

I can't justify putting this weapon under western martial arts, so I hope it's okay to post it here.

Due to the art work I’ve found, it appears as if the khopesh would have been used in a similar way to what the Talhoffer (sp?) scripts would call the Italian ward in dagger fighting.

If anyone has any information on the use of the weapon or any system for it they've been able to find similarities to could they please advise, as its something im rather interested in but have little information on.

Further to this, does anyone know if there is any proof of a relation of tahtib to an egyptian sword system.
It seems obvious that it was translated into more of a dance and was originally a way of using stick fighting effectively, i'm unsure however if it was used for sword training.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote

There's a text on eastern weapons. David Nicolles probably your man.

If I remember rightly there's a heap of Egyptian bias relief work with the infantry doing the business that might help. Photos online?

Try some of the cambodian temples too, they liked hitting their neighbours with similar kit.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: