Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Archery
A Bowmen's Gathering: 15-17 June

shoelessgirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:05 am     A Bowmen's Gathering: 15-17 June Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I run A Bowmen's Gathering - a weekend event where medieval archers from all over the place come to practice their skills. I try and run about four events a year, and now that I'm finally a member of this forum I'll post a notice here each time I'm running one.

I've just cut and pasted the following from an email I sent out yesterday to people that have previously expressed an interest in attending such events. If you would like your name added to this list, email or PM me.

Cut and paste starts:

When: Friday June 15th (from about 7pm) till Sunday June 17th (should be finished around 4pm). Shooting will begin by 10am on Saturday and Sunday, so daytrippers may want to turn up around this time.

Where: Tokomaru Scout Hall - halfway between Levin and Palmerston North on SH57. There's plenty of room to sleep in the hall, just bring a mattress. I really wouldn't recommend tenting at this time of year, but if you feel you must there's plenty of room.

As well as our standard activities - basic target shooting, team events, yogic archery, speed shoots etc, I plan to run some target making workshops. Bearing in mind that I have the artistic skills of mutated goldfish I need your help! I can provide foam, paper, paint, pens, rulers, glue but I need people that can actually visualise stuff and then make it happen. If this sounds like you, please let me know (and we might even be able to organise a discount for you).

If anyone wants to bring along equipment for making arrows or bowstrings and the like bring them along too so that we have stuff to do in the evenings other than make targets. I will be booking the little hall next to the main hall so that people can stay up chatting late if they want to.

Cost:
$30 – adult, shooting, staying whole weekend
$20 – adult, non-shooting, staying whole weekend
$15 – adult, shooting, day trip
$10 – adult, non-shooting, day trip
$15 – child, shooting, staying whole weekend
$10 – child, non-shooting, staying whole weekend
$7.50 – child, shooting, day trip
$5 – child, non shooting, day trip

Child fees apply to anyone under 12.

Food: There is no food plan in place as yet, but if people are keen for one I'm happy to organise it. When you reply to say that you're coming, let me know if you'd like to be involved in a communal plan or if you'd like to look after yourself.

Contact: You can reply here, or if you need more info you can PM or email me.

Thanks guys.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: